• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Man we need a fast bowler. Damn! These medium pacers just won't do the job in test cricket. Test cricket is about fast bowlers attacking and taking wickets, not about medium pacers bowling and keep things tight, but our medium pacers can't even do that. Sheesh.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
What on earth has happened to Zaheer? For a trump card bowler in this match, he's been dreadful here. He hasn't been supported well, though, with Sreesanth spraying the ball all around.

Now Dravid is trying to offer Zaheer some advice.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Man we need a fast bowler. Damn! These medium pacers just won't do the job in test cricket. Test cricket is about fast bowlers attacking and taking wickets, not about medium pacers bowling and keep things tight, but our medium pacers can't even do that. Sheesh.
The bowlers are good enough, man for man. The combination, however, just won't take off. They also need a genuine all-rounder, now more than ever.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I think India need a RF or LF bowler more than an all rounder considering Ganguly is bowling fine and is expected to bat well. Who is the quickest bowler in Indian domestic cricket?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
The bowlers are good enough, man for man. The combination, however, just won't take off. They also need a genuine all-rounder, now more than ever.
? It's not the combination that is somehow forcing them to bowl sixteen feet outside the off stump or right on their legs. I don't care what combo you have, you can't bowl like that.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I think India need a RF or LF bowler more than an all rounder considering Ganguly is bowling fine and is expected to bat well. Who is the quickest bowler in Indian domestic cricket?
That's the type of thinking that's ruining the selection process. You give me a guy who bowls at 80mph, in these conditions, but does it accurately...I'll take it every time over this 'spray and pray' mode of attack. How does McGrath do at Lords?

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
That's the type of thinking that's ruining the selection process. You give me a guy who bowls at 80mph, in these conditions, but does it accurately...I'll take it every time over this 'spray and pray' mode of attack. How does McGrath do at Lords?
I am not as naive as you think. What a RF bowler brings is variety, all the Indian pace bowlers are around 75-80mph and so the batsman can settle into a rhythm of playing. Ganguly showed that if you slow it right down, you can break the rhythm but such an attack will not work consistantly.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I am not as naive as you think. What a RF bowler brings is variety, all the Indian pace bowlers are around 75-80mph and so the batsman can settle into a rhythm of playing. Ganguly showed that if you slow it right down, you can break the rhythm but such an attack will not work consistantly.
Actually, they are all bowling between 82-85mph today. And no, Brett Lee is about as fast as you get and his record is mediocre...why?

Speed helps, but it cannot and will never, trump accuracy. Problem with our bowlers is not that they are slow...it is that they can't find the off stump to save their lives.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Exactly, we need variety. We don't just need these medium pacers to bowl on line and consistent like McGrath. We also need a fast bowler!

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
There are several seamers who can generate extra pace, but Sreesanth is the fastest Indian bowler on record from this current bunch. Why he's bowling so slow and so way off the line is inexplicable. He needs to do a Brett Lee out here, as he's the only one capable.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
A strike rate of 53 is a bit better than mediocre. Secondly, did you ever think that his bowling unsettles the batsman helping other bowlers to get wickets?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
There are several seamers who can generate extra pace, but Sreesanth is the fastest Indian bowler on record from this current bunch. Why he's bowling so slow and so way off the line is inexplicable. He needs to do a Brett Lee out here, as he's the only one capable.
Um, there is a slight difference between Sreesanth-fast and Brett Lee-fast.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Exactly, we need variety. We don't just need these medium pacers to bowl on line and consistent like McGrath. We also need a fast bowler!
The faster you bowl crap, the faster the ball goes to the boundary, particularly against international teams who can play the normal fast bowling. Srinath used to bowl pretty fast but he wasn't very effective abroad till he got his length right. We haven't had many fast bowlers in out attack traditionally. You have to go down 75 years to find the Amar Singhs, Md. Nissars. Just getting a fast bowler who is crap for the sake of it will not do any good. That said, I am sure we have better bowlers than Ishant Sharma is at the age of 18 to select for a tour abroad!