• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England

chalky

International Debutant
It's very early days. Given the length of the tail and the lack of form of 2 or 3 of England's top 6, you can see India being OK by the close of play, especially if they pick up a couple with the new ball.
Yeah I know I was just saying that England's quick & heavy scoring allows them to get away with some inadequacies in the bowling & often set up a victory in the 1st innings.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Was quite genuinely stunned to see Tremlett in ahead of Broad. If Broad was considered the better bet when the squad was named how is he now behind after completing a 5-for in the "Lions" (8-)) game?! Extraordinary volte face.

India's seamers serving up a whole heap of tripe here tho.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The bowling units for both sides look pretty **** one-paced.

Sreesanth, Khan, Singh, Broad, Tremlett, Sidebottom, Anderson...

No real 'pace-men' in there. Tremlett has barely got over a long-term injury and the quickest we'll see from these guys is just about 85 mph.

Where is the guy who's gonna send the stumps cartwheeling and the batsmen diving for cover? Nothing to scare any of the batsmen in either of these attacks.

Perm

Yep. Thought the same thing then. He bowled OK but I knew it would go to his head. Does he really need to wear 85 neckless's ffs?
You sound like my Dad :p, apparently he is very superstitous, bordering on going a little overboard according to Ravi Shastri. Sreesanth was excellent at times in South Africa, just needs to regain his composure after getting smacked around early. Looks like Powar's been stealing his dinner as well, the **** is skinny as a twig.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Another leg-side half-volley from Sreesanth tucked away off his pads by Strauss.

Hopefully the seamers will bowl him back into form before Kumble comes on.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
I've also noticed how bloody unmobile this Indian team is. Laxman, Ganguly, Kumble, Zaheer and Jaffer are all very poor movers.

Perm

The bowling units for both sides look pretty **** one-paced.

Sreesanth, Khan, Singh, Broad, Tremlett, Sidebottom, Anderson...

No real 'pace-men' in there. Tremlett has barely got over a long-term injury and the quickest we'll see from these guys is just about 85 mph.

Where is the guy who's gonna send the stumps cartwheeling and the batsmen diving for cover? Nothing to scare any of the batsmen in either of these attacks.
Sreesanth was just clocked at 86.8, hardly amazing speed but it's improving.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Haha, Sreesanth is crap. Even in SA, he had just as many wayward spells as good ones.

Welcome to the future boys. These guys couldn't find the off stump if their life depended on it. 9 overs, 50 runs? Ridiculous in Test cricket. Cook has a career S/R of 46...he has an S/R of 100+ now....

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Singh is at least petting the ball in the right area & there was just a hint of swing into the left-hander from the first ball of the tenth over. Cook drops the second for a quick single.

Perm

There is a decent amount of swing out there, but more often than not the bowlers have been heading towards the batsmen's legs.

HeathDavisSpeed

Sreesanth was just clocked at 86.8, hardly amazing speed but it's improving.
Hmmmm... I had heard he could reach 88/89, but hadn't seen it. To be honest, he doesn't look that fast. It could be the pitch? Both batsmen look as if they've had more than enough time to play even his quicker deliveries.

Anyone see England struggling against Kumble, seeing as the only spinners they've faced (internationally) this summer have been Gayle and Chanderpaul?