• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
England has the worse attack now IMO. But their batting is much more equipped to handle the conditions.

I'm getting ready for Symonds though. :(
Yea, I would probably place the attacks as about even, with English batting being better. Anyone know what the attack will look like tomorrow?

I don't think our attack can take 20 wickets, and England without Harmison, Flintoff, Hoggard...I am betting on a draw.

pasag

RTDAS
Yea, I would probably place the attacks as about even, with English batting being better. Anyone know what the attack will look like tomorrow?

I don't think our attack can take 20 wickets, and England without Harmison, Flintoff, Hoggard...I am betting on a draw.
Broad, Panesar, Sidebottom and one of Anderson or Tremlett.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
With the potential of none of England Ashes winning quartet playing in the first test will not help Tendulkar in the future in the potential debate with him & Lara (statistically at least).

Since unless Tendulkar comes back to England he probably will never get the chance to face a top-quality English attack on home soil. Which would be very disappointing from a cricketening point of view IMO.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
With the potential of none of England Ashes winning quartet playing in the first test will not help Tendulkar in the future in the potential debate with him & Lara (statistically at least).

Since unless Tendulkar comes back to England he probably will never get the chance to face a top-quality English attack on home soil. Which would be very disappointing from a cricketening point of view IMO.
Tendulkar once faced Caddick, Hoggard, Tudor, Flintoff and Giles, in then-seaming Headingley, which can't be too bad.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Well tbh it wasn't that great. Hoggard and Flintoff at that time (2002) weren't really very good bowlers at that time. Tudor definetely had the raw materials to be an effective all rounder but he again wasn' t good tbh.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Yuvraj Singh should definitely make the starting lineup for the first Test. Since the Indians only field four bowlers, and here, only one spinner, his left-arm spin will give him the upper hand. He'll have to be India's Multiple Man for the series if they have to have any chance of winning. Come to think of it, Ganguly's seam bowling will be even more useful, as Ramesh Powar has been in decent form, while the seam options after Zaheer and Sreesanth don't seem ready for the final XI. The team needs both (or at least one) to bowl long spells to make up for the missing fifth (and sixth) bowler in the XI, to get 20 wickets.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Meh. England fans are not happy any way as they have a bowler missing.

Secondly even if we win, it will be said that it was because of them being injured.

Thirdly, our crap record at Lords.

Shake hands for a draw, like they do in chess. :D

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Jesus, if we assume Hoggy's kanckered, it must be a fair while since we've stuck out such an inexperienced attack. Even if Anderson plays they won't have 130 wickets between them.

One thing in our favour might be the rain. Not from a "hoping it pisses down so we get a draw" perspective tho, rather that given the amount we've had of late I'd expect Lords to be a fair bit juicier than it would usually be in mid-late July. That should suit Sidey & Jimmy A, who I think will get the nod ahead of Tremlett who strikes me as very similar to Broad as a bowler.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
One thing in our favour might be the rain. Not from a "hoping it pisses down so we get a draw" perspective tho, rather that given the amount we've had of late I'd expect Lords to be a fair bit juicier than it would usually be in mid-late July. That should suit Sidey & Jimmy A, who I think will get the nod ahead of Tremlett who strikes me as very similar to Broad as a bowler.
Excellent point...

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Meh. England fans are not happy any way as they have a bowler missing.

Secondly even if we win, it will be said that it was because of them being injured.

Thirdly, our crap record at Lords.

Shake hands for a draw, like they do in chess. :D
To be honest, I'd rather win than draw regardless of what is said about why we won.