• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
The ref had an absolute shocker. He might as well have been watching one side of the breakdown. I'll given credit to Australia for disrupting the All Blacks' continuity, but they weren't good enough to beat us without that sinbinning. At least it gives us a "real" second Bledisloe Test.

Josh

International Regular
Wow that was a hearstopping win by the Aussies. When the Kiwis got that penalty after the hooter I thought they were gonna snatch it, but we did well and stood our ground. Giteau should be first choice kicker for EVERY game, by the way.

trickster

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Ouch baby, very ouch, i didn't expect the wallabies to beat us, especially after they looked out of sorts for most of the first half, but after hayman was sent of, that was it.

Ohhh the pain of it all, no further comment from me:(

Craig

World Traveller
I find it strange that kiwis are suddenly writing the All Blacks off already, because of one loss in how long? FFS I thought the whole objective was victory on October 20 in Paris, and yet they may as well have lost by 50 points last night. Whilst I hate losing and i'm saying that it is good, they might actually learn what they did wrong and look to improve on it.

I'm a Kiwi and proud of it (I still hold citizenship), but I can't understand this negative mentality among some Kiwi sport fans.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I find it strange that kiwis are suddenly writing the All Blacks off already, because of one loss in how long? FFS I thought the whole objective was victory on October 20 in Paris, and yet they may as well have lost by 50 points last night. Whilst I hate losing and i'm saying that it is good, they might actually learn what they did wrong and look to improve on it.

I'm a Kiwi and proud of it (I still hold citizenship), but I can't understand this negative mentality among some Kiwi sport fans.
I am surprised as well by the negativity. Wallabies played well but there was some luck in their win . The ABs will be all the better for this loss and will only make their urge and desire to win the World Cup stronger ...IT will also reign in the complacency and slight over confidance and help them be stronger at the World Cup, IMHO.

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
I find it strange that kiwis are suddenly writing the All Blacks off already, because of one loss in how long?
It's always Dooms Day when we lose. Meanwhile the Aussie media do 180s -- from Woeful Wallabies to World Cup Contenders with headlines like "New Zealand dominance over".

I do think we have some problems... Carter is out of form and doesn't seem involved enough. We don't have a centre. We can't find touch at all. We're so accustomed to counter attacking that we rarely score from a set piece. And we're relying too much on our loose forwards for go forward.

The last few Tests we really haven't secured possession. We seem to be living off turnovers. Australia look even worse, and if not for our handling errors they would've been well beat. I can't wait for the return game.

Mortlock is a champion, though. Great player.

Last edited:

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
I will say the players both Australian and New Zealand were far more gracious than the media (and me in the bar last night.) I don't care for Anton Oliver so much, but he's always the first to shake the opposition's hand.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I will say the players both Australian and New Zealand were far more gracious than the media (and me in the bar last night.) I don't care for Anton Oliver so much, but he's always the first to shake the opposition's hand.
I agree Anton Oliver is definitely a Gent when it comes to these things...

Agree with your point about Dan Carter....ABs really desperately need the guy in some form and Rhythm ...which is struggling quite a bit ATM... Need to play him in every game from now on, IMO...

archie mac

International Coach
Anyway well done the Aussies

Just on the Sth Arfs only sending a 2nd side to Aust for the tri Nations, I am just glad they don't have a World Cup for Test cricket, it has ruined Test Rugby they may as well call half of them 'Friendly's':@

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member

Just on the Sth Arfs only sending a 2nd side to Aust for the tri Nations, I am just glad they don't have a World Cup for Test cricket, it has ruined Test Rugby they may as well call half of them 'Friendly's':@
It happens all the time in Rugby even outside a World Cup year. When the last time a team went on an overseas tour at full strength.

Craig

World Traveller

Yeah this sort of has little relevance except they have the play it.

archie mac

International Coach
It happens all the time in Rugby even outside a World Cup year. When the last time a team went on an overseas tour at full strength.
Yes I understand they don't always have every top player for a tour, but nothing like this, where they leave their entire first 15 at home. Years ago a Test Match was a big deal now it is a chance to try out combinations in preparation for the World Cup

jot1

State Vice-Captain
Yes I understand they don't always have every top player for a tour, but nothing like this, where they leave their entire first 15 at home. Years ago a Test Match was a big deal now it is a chance to try out combinations in preparation for the World Cup
That's true. But the World Cup is much more prestigious so I suppose every team wants everyone to be at their best. Sending unfit or exhausted players to the World Cup doesn't make for very exciting, fast paced, hard fought wins.