• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Looks like Jamee 999 has gone to sleep.

Here's my question.

Who is this Cricketing Knight -

he nearly fell a victim to attempted assassination by a Calcutta girl student who fired five shots at close range, narrowly missing him.....

One day in the House of Commons dining room Mr. Winston Churchill, who had been his fag at Harrow, said, Let me introduce you to Mr. Lloyd George. There came a quick exclamation," I have been looking all my life for the man who gave Winston Churchill a hiding at school.
"

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Looks like Jamee 999 has gone to sleep.

Here's my question.

Who is this Cricketing Knight -

he nearly fell a victim to attempted assassination by a Calcutta girl student who fired five shots at close range, narrowly missing him.....

One day in the House of Commons dining room Mr. Winston Churchill, who had been his fag at Harrow, said, Let me introduce you to Mr. Lloyd George. There came a quick exclamation," I have been looking all my life for the man who gave Winston Churchill a hiding at school.
"
Although he was a Cricketing Knight, its quite clear now that he was not knighted for services to Cricket . Clue - He has a unique record as England Captain in the Ashes...that should usually give it away...:)

Fiery

Banned
Sir Aubrey Smith?

Edit: Whoops, didn't play Ashes and didn't read Jason's earlier post re Churchill

Last edited:

archie mac

International Coach
There are only 3 batsman

1. is English

1. is Sth Afr

1. is Australian

What batting record do they share? And who are they?

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
hmmmmmmmmmm, was going to suggest averages over 60, but then remembedered no englishman has an average over 60 :p

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
haha woops :p

I assume this record they share is in test match cricket?

Is there any limit on the number of questions i can ask? :)