• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** West Indies in England***

Fiery

Banned
Well yes, but does he appear to have the tools to be a long-term fixture? Did he bowl as well as his figures suggest?
He bowled very tidily in the 1st session which is the only one I watched. Nasser Hussain was slagging off his selection caling him a "bits and pieces player" early in the days play. He definitely silenced him. Whether he can keep this sort of form up is a good question adharcic. 1st ever player from St.Lucia to represent the Windies too btw

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Well yes, but does he appear to have the tools to be a long-term fixture? Did he bowl as well as his figures suggest?
He bowled well. The balls were placed in the right areas more often than not and he got his rewards. He said himself that's what he was brought in to do and well that's what he did, bowl line and length and put the ball in the right areas. His FC figures back it up really. Good average and still young enough to improve so he may well yet become a fixture. He's a handy batsman too. Was against his selection at first, over I believe better bowlers left in the Caribbean, but changed and wanted his inclsuion for this Test.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No. 3 of his wickets came in an over where England pretty much lost their concentration.
This lost their concentration is a complete nonsense. You don't lose your concentration when you're on 2, 0 first ball and 0 third ball.

Bell didn't play with the full face (possibly caught in two minds between Test and ODI mode). Prior just pushed at a widish one he should have left and Plunkett's was a bit of a freak.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
KP is lucky is he? You sure its cos he is a talented non-Australian?!
TBF, he was dropped twice. Pretty sure they aren't the first times in the series either. Cook has an edge on him in the concentration stakes, if nothing else.

Perm

Nice article there steds, good read.

I pretty much got bored after KP was out and only stayed up until Cook scored his ton, fantastic to see him batting so well on a consistent basis. England should be able to wrap up this victory pretty comfortably, I expect Plunkett to grab a few wickets.

sideshowtim

Banned
KP is lucky is he? You sure its cos he is a talented non-Australian?!

You honestly are such a troll.
Do you watch cricket? KP hasn't made one big score without giving up at least 2 chances in every innings or being given a favourable decision. Perhaps that is testament to the kind of cricket he plays, an expansive style, but you must realise this luck will run out eventually. When he falls, he'll fall hard. Believe me.

Perm

Do you watch cricket? KP hasn't made one big score without giving up at least 2 chances in every innings or being given a favourable decision. Perhaps that is testament to the kind of cricket he plays, an expansive style, but you must realise this luck will run out eventually. When he falls, he'll fall hard. Believe me.
Pietersen has had a very lucky international career to date, but the class is obviously there and I beleive that as he gets older and becomes more established in the England team that the chances he offers will become even rarer.

greg

International Debutant
TBF, he was dropped twice. Pretty sure they aren't the first times in the series either. Cook has an edge on him in the concentration stakes, if nothing else.
How many times was Cook dropped/not given out when out yesterday?

One could also suggest that Cook's record of six centuries, no scores over 127 suggests that his concentration/mental stamina isn't all that it might be.

Perm

How many times was Cook dropped/not given out when out yesterday?
Cook was dropped once, and had two major caught behind appeals turned out, one of which looked out but neither where nicks according to snicko.