• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Hint - Different country.

Also I am sure this Question has been asked by me before . So a search through these pages may give the answer. :laugh:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Is it Dean Headley? Though I think it was his dad and grandad who played for the Windies, I thought I'd have a stab.
Not Headley , but Heath you have got the right country .:)

Edit could be misleading - the Country is West Indies.

Last edited:

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
Hint - Different country.

Also I am sure this Question has been asked by me before . So a search through these pages may give the answer. :laugh:
Thank you. I didn't need to check after that clue 8-)

Mahendra Nagamooootooooo is the cricketer. Rohan Kanhai is one of the uncles. The other, IIRC, is Kallicharran.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Thank you. I didn't need to check after that clue 8-)

Mahendra Nagamooootooooo is the cricketer. Rohan Kanhai is one of the uncles. The other, IIRC, is Kallicharran.
Correct . Rohan Kanhai and Alvin Kallicharan were absolutely top class batsmen who had blazing careers for the West Indies. Mahendra Nagamootoo unfortunately was a spinner whose career did not really take off.

Tapioca your turn to post question . Don't let us down.:ph34r:

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
This may be better suited to the SJS format :

Nine cricketers have done performed this feat, three of whom are Herbert Sutcliffe, Hanif Mohammad and Sunil Gavaskar. But the stats books word this record slightly differently - they add the word "all" to it - because of which these three do not get included in the list. Only the other six are usually mentioned as the players who have done this.

What record etc etc ?

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
To phrase it another way :

If you ask "Who/Which blah blah blah all blah blah ?" - and this is the usual way it is done - the answer will be six cricketers

But if the question is only "Who/Which blah blah blah blah blah ?" , there are nine who have done that, the first six plus Sutcliffe, Hanif and SMG.

(The number of blahs does not necessarily correspond to the number of missing words !)

Last edited:

Fiery

Banned
To phrase it another way :

If you ask "Who/Which blah blah blah all blah blah ?" - and this is the usual way it is done - the answer will be six cricketers

But if the question is only "Who/Which blah blah blah blah blah ?" , there are nine who have done that, the first six plus Sutcliffe, Hanif and SMG.

(The number of blahs does not necessarily correspond to the number of missing words !)
Is it to do with scoring centuries in each innings of a test?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
This may be better suited to the SJS format :

Nine cricketers have done performed this feat, three of whom are Herbert Sutcliffe, Hanif Mohammad and Sunil Gavaskar. But the stats books word this record slightly differently - they add the word "all" to it - because of which these three do not get included in the list. Only the other six are usually mentioned as the players who have done this.

What record etc etc ?
Batting on each of the 5 days of Test vs Batting on all 5 days of Test ?:)

Batting on 5 days of Test v All 5 days of Test

Last edited:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Question

This is the only instance in Test Cricket where a batsman batted after breaking his thumb with a cast on and then took seven wickets bowling therafter . Who is the bowler ? :)

Fiery

Banned
Question

This is the only instance in Test Cricket where a batsman batted after breaking his thumb with a cast on and then took seven wickets bowling therafter . Who is the bowler ? :)
Malcolm Marshall vs England, Headingly 1984

Fiery

Banned
Which test batsman had a deal with a local butcher, who gave him a lamb chop for every run he scored up to 50, and a steak for every run after that.

archie mac

International Coach
Which test batsman had a deal with a local butcher, who gave him a lamb chop for every run he scored up to 50, and a steak for every run after that.
I have heard this before, but it is not coming to me:@ I shall have to think on it