• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** West Indies in England***

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Oh and at both you and Richard, stop being little children.
We know from experience that he's not going to stop bashing-on about how I should be banned if his misjudged interpretation of justice were to come to pass. But we also know that I'm not going to stop saying he doesn't have a clue when dismissing me as knowing nothing about cricket.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Just read that article on the bbc, laughed through most of it. Plunkett will enever get anywhere near Mcgrath.
Alright strange,

Anyway, watching the score tick over on cricinfo is depressing. Glad I'm not watching tbh. Poor effort.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Apparently on the wire it says AD has compared Plunkett to the young Glenn McGrath..:laugh: .I can't believe McGrath ever bowled crap like that.
Well he bowled poorly in his first few Tests, but few have EVER bowled as poorly as Plunkett usually does.

How anyone can think "he's young, he'll get better" with confidence is beyond me. He MIGHT do, but so might Joe Bloggs.

PY

International Coach
We know from experience that he's not going to stop bashing-on about how I should be banned if his misjudged interpretation of justice were to come to pass. But we also know that I'm not going to stop saying he doesn't have a clue when dismissing me as knowing nothing about cricket.
That doesn't stop me from being able to say 'stop being tools' though does it? And that's what you're being.

The_Bunny

State Regular
Well he bowled poorly in his first few Tests, but few have EVER bowled as poorly as Plunkett usually does.

How anyone can think "he's young, he'll get better" with confidence is beyond me. He MIGHT do, but so might Joe Bloggs.
Joe Bloggs is gun tbh:cool:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Alright strange,

Anyway, watching the score tick over on cricinfo is depressing. Glad I'm not watching tbh. Poor effort.
Watching the score tick over gives no idea, TBH. I'm not sure I've ever seen anything worse than the stuff served-up by Harmison and Plunkett here. Except when I'm the bowler.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I wonder what Devon Malcolm is thinking? Harmison has got away with bowling a lot worse than Big dev ever did.
Sorry I can't take it any more, 3rd comment like this, Harmis bowling rubbish, but this rose-tinted view of one of the most under-achieving bowlers I've ever watched play for England, is winding me up. Dev lost it totally on many occasions. Often his new-ball spells gave the momentum to the batting side. He was hit out of the attack, and totally redundant for much of the time.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
That doesn't stop me from being able to say 'stop being tools' though does it? And that's what you're being.
If I thought I was being a tool I wouldn't be doing what I was doing.

Anyway... I'll leave his posts to be for now. :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sorry I can't take it any more, 3rd comment like this, Harmis bowling rubbish, but this rose-tinted view of one of the most under-achieving bowlers I've ever watched play for England, is winding me up. Dev lost it totally on many occasions. Often his new-ball spells gave the momentum to the batting side. He was hit out of the attack, and totally redundant for much of the time.
No-one's saying Malcolm was a World-beater, just that his worst was never quite this bad.

UncleTheOne

U19 Captain
if the selectors have a rare case of common sense and see it fit to drop one of or both harmison and plunkett, any idea who is next in line? onions? broad? anderson?

grecian

Run-rate of over 5 an over. All England bowlers have been poor here, tbh. But the figures of Plunkett and Harmison are fairly misleading, how many byes and leg-byes have been giving through fairly wide deliveries, not called wide.

UncleTheOne

U19 Captain
I was wondering about him too. That being said, I'd probably go for Broad.
still not getting the broad hype train to be honest. his credentials are the fact that he's tall and bowled well last season in 20/20. but it's a dire situation right now, and beggers can't be choosers.

Scaly piscine

Run-rate of over 5 an over. All England bowlers have been poor here, tbh. But the figures of Plunkett and Harmison are fairly misleading, how many byes and leg-byes have been giving through fairly wide deliveries, not called wide.
Plunkett's figures aren't that misleading, he just gets thrown in with Harmison when Harmison is far more erratic. There've only been 5 byes off Plunkett, you get leg byes off all sorts of deliveries just as you get edges going for 4.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Pretty average stuff from England here. Harmison being dire, as par usual, and some some crap from Panesar as well.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I was wondering about him too. That being said, I'd probably go for Broad.
Broad has just comeback from injury and still to his own admission is not 100% fit but due to Garnett Kruger being injured he was straight back into the fold for his county side.

There really isn’t many viable options open for the England selectors currently but I think it would be completely wrong if England still tried to accommodate both Harmison and Plunkett in the same side (at this moment in time).

Scaly piscine

still not getting the broad hype train to be honest. his credentials are the fact that he's tall and bowled well last season in 20/20. but it's a dire situation right now, and beggers can't be choosers.
Broad got completely smashed off his first 15 or so overs in Leicestershire's drubbing the other day (100+ off them), I think he's just come back from some injury as well - but could be wrong there.

Hmm I have to post quicker in future.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Plunkett's figures aren't that misleading, he just gets thrown in with Harmison when Harmison is far more erratic. There've only been 5 byes off Plunkett, you get leg byes off all sorts of deliveries just as you get edges going for 4.
They are Scaly for his been all over the shop, usually on a very fine line between a wide and Prior has taken most of his off side deliveries in front of first slip.