• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** West Indies in England***

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Was afriad this would happen to Flintoff again. But on the bright side these breaks will onl help to prolong his career & will give some of the other seamers in the country a chance to establish themselves this summer.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Was afriad this would happen to Flintoff again. But on the bright side these breaks will onl help to prolong his career
I don't know why no-one has thought of that before... get injured, prolong your career.
Indeed - not sure what Colin's on there, TBH. I'm currently (as I say... several times... :() hoping Flintoff's career isn't over in earnest now. The only thing that will prolong his career is if they found-out that there was something perminant they could do to resolve the problems that he keeps on having.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Yo, the sarcasm is useless since clearly thats not what i'm trying to say.
You said "But on the bright side these breaks will onl help to prolong his career".

The breaks are due to injuries, and injuries categorically don't prolong careers.

Arrow

U19 Vice-Captain
My West Indies X1 for Old Trafford

Gordon Greenidge
Desmond Haynes
Viv Richards
Brian Lara
Clive Lloyd
Garry Sobers
Jeffrey Dujon
Michael Holding
Colin Croft
Curtley Ambrose
Courtney Walsh

:ph34r:

If they managed to round that side up Im confident they would beat the current WI team.

Its quite clear that the WI are no longer a serious international side. Their batting is horribly brittle and the bowling horribly impotent. They simply cannot attack from any angle.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
"No longer" is a very poor way of putting it. Even if they weren't currently (which is highly debatable - only one Test ago they played very well to secure a draw from a none-too-easy position - even if with an amount of help from lost play) then there's no reason to presume it'd be terminal.

Woodster

International Captain
If it is to be Samuels, it was a fairly predictable selection wasn't it ? Any other possibles to replace Sarwan ? (batsmen obviously, not as captain)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It's well documented that the "boy" in "BoyBrumby" is a cunning facade to disguise the fact that the poster is in his thirties.
Well... yeah, but ... actually, haha, just rememberd. Actually, DB'd have been 12 in 1988, 10 in 1986 and 8 in 1984. Quite old enough to remember WI thrashings.

Thought you were younger than you are, DB. :) Sorry 'bout thaaaaaaat.