• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** India in Bangladesh

adharcric

International Coach
Just a premature question, what bowling attack do you guys think we should take to England?

EDIT: Assuming everyone's fit.
Zaheer-Sreesanth-Kumble for sure. You can't just assume everyone will be fit when you have someone like Munaf who always seems to be 'questionable'. Munaf is the first option; RP and VRV should both head to England as well. Either Powar or Bhajji should slot into the reserve spinner's slot provided one of them impresses at the training camp.

adharcric

International Coach
On another note, have Jaffer and Karthik done enough for the selectors to forget about reserve openers for England? Before the past two tests, I would have vouched for Gambhir's inclusion; as things stand, it may be a luxury rather a necessity (for a change). Most importantly, Sehwag better not be in that squad.

Openers: Jaffer, Karthik, Gambhir
Middle-Order: Dravid, Tendulkar, Ganguly, Laxman, Yuvraj
Keeper: Dhoni (reserve: Karthik)
Spinners: Kumble, Powar/Bhajji (Powar could seal it after this test)
Seamers: Zaheer, Sreesanth, Munaf, RP, VRV

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
On another note, have Jaffer and Karthik done enough for the selectors to forget about reserve openers for England? Before the past two tests, I would have vouched for Gambhir's inclusion; as things stand, it may be too much of a luxury. Most importantly, Sehwag better not be in that squad.

Openers: Jaffer, Karthik, Gambhir
Middle-Order: Dravid, Tendulkar, Ganguly, Laxman, Yuvraj
Keeper: Dhoni (reserve: Karthik)
Spinners: Kumble, Powar/Bhajji
Seamers: Zaheer, Sreesanth, Munaf, RP, VRV

Thoughts?
Two ducks and a ton against Bangladesh isn't exactly convincing - nor is a wicket keeper with a poor first class record opening the batting against Bangladesh and scoring a few. I definitely think they are the best options to open at present, but I'd be taking a reserve as well. It's not as if Karthik can't move into the middle order if need be, either.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
But Kaarthik hasn't done much wrong in the opening position. Even in RSA he opened well.
Indeed. As I said, he's the best option there at the moment and I quite liked the look of him there in South Africa. I don't think he's cemented his place to an extent where you can afford not to take a reserve opener, though. Jaffer either for that matter, really.

Last edited:

adharcric

International Coach
Yeah, I agree. Even if he has cemented his place, I sure as hell don't want Dravid opening if Jaffer or Karthik get injured.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Khan to Habibul Bashar, FOUR, pitched up on the pads and Bashar clips it away through midwicket for the first boundary of the innings

Thank you Bashar

Raghav

Singh to Shahriar Nafees, FOUR, short ball outside the off stump, Nafees stands tall and hammers it past the fielder at mid-off. More of a tennis shot

Good stuff come on

Evermind

International Debutant
So the Bangladesh-India games are going pretty much exactly like the England-WI games. First test rained out, Day 2 of second test and game over.

Looks like India are gonna save the blushes if it doesn't rain by a win.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
My Dad made the good point that Bangladesh should be playing West Indies and India should be playing England:)

Raghav

My Dad made the good point that Bangladesh should be playing West Indies and India should be playing England:)
If thats the case, IMO West Indies will beat Bangladeshis by a small margin......and England will beat India by a big margin....