• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** India in Bangladesh

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

Boy o boy, I went to sleep after it started it raining with 3 wickets down for 49 runs for Bangladesh.

Kudos to Mortaza and Shahadat for BATTING and BOWLING or should I rather say for being the whole team :p?

Good start. They let it loose a tad bit I thikn on the first day but a draw is DEFINITELY still on :)!!!!!

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I haven't really been following this series, so can someone tell me why Sreesanth isn't here? I know Munaf left due to injury.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Karthik to prove his worth again IMO. Jinx very possible, but I back the little fella.

Dissector

International Debutant
Don't know the details but the scorecard says he was retired hurt. Obviously a big blow to India.

Despite the injuries and the rain, India should have finished off the game after they had BD reeling. Still the game isn't over. BD couldn't bat 70 overs despite their fightback so it won't be easy to survive 60-70 overs tomorrow. Sachin will probably be given the ball earlier and he could play a key role if the seamers get a few breakthroughs.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
And what happened to Kumble, as i just came to notice that he didnt bowl.
Yeah virus, blessing in disguise. Kumble tearing Bangladesh a new one would have meant nothing, we had to see what VRV and RP had to offer. Same with Zaheer even tbh.

Dissector

International Debutant
So how did they do? Didn't see most of the game but from the scorecards they seem to have flopped just at the crunch when India was within sniffing distance of enforcing the follow-on. Both Hossain and Mortaza beat their previous highest test score comfortably in a big pressure situation. Doesn't say much for the bowling.

Last edited:

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

This might sound pretty dumb but if agression is the key to Bangladesh scoring runs in tests, then I would say Tamim should be drafted into the test sqaud as a late middle order batsman.

Mortaza could be promoted up the order one rank too me thinks.

R_D

International Debutant
Was it just me or did other indian supporters think this as well?
8 down and i thought here we go again and well the rest is history.
Good effort to get 8 wickets i guess but from what the reports it was more of a case of Bangladesh and umpires gifting the wickets to indian bowlers.

It be good if india come out attacking tomorrow and maybe get around 100 runs quickly so they have at least around 70 overs to bowl at Bangladesh but i somehow doubt they'll be that positive... its always safety first.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
LOL @ Habibul Bashar, he wouldn’t play such a shot in ODI cricket but awesome reflexes from Sachin, ball went like a tracer bullet. Mortaza's innings was superb, gave Zaheer Khan the run around and it was slightly concerning to see Zaheer once the ball has got old become cannon fodder again.

In regard to India I was disappointed for Dravid, a leg stump half volley is not the sort of dismissal a player of his quality should succumb too but Wasim Jaffer getting a pair on this wicket is beyond poor.

Last edited:

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah what a catch that was from Tendulkar. Anyways, I went to sleep after it started raining again thinking it won't restart. But wow the Indians were Indians once again and failed to finish things off quickly.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Could somebody please tell me the pace VRV Singh was bowling at?

Back further on topic, I think that all hope for a result is gone because India rarely try and force a result, especially if it involves the slightest chance of risking a loss.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Any chance of play soon? We've had a wet outfield for a couple of hours apparently, definately not cool.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

Any chance of play soon? We've had a wet outfield for a couple of hours apparently, definately not cool.
I reckon a second day scenerio here. Play will start but very very late. If that does happen, India need to go out there and smash 50 quick runs and then but Bangladesh into bat IF they want to draw but draw playing good interesting cricket. Otherwise they can bat till the end and make this match even more duller than it is (because of the rain and not the play which has been interesting in all manner).