• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hayden vs Hussain

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Don't see why the patriotic angle should be brought in in a debate which is going on. People can believe x,y,z but they can't back it up with logical proofs just because they are biased.
You can back-up many things with logical proofs. I believe the Hussain>Hayden case is backed-up with logical proof. Some others don't.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
You can back-up many things with logical proofs. I believe the Hussain>Hayden case is backed-up with logical proof. Some others don't.
It isn't backed with logical proofs. Logical proof is some thing irrefutable.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The going was never "easy" when Nasser played test cricket against any attack. As it states in his book he couldn't handle the responsibility of getting big runs when the pressure was off of him.
Surely handling the pressure is part of what separates a good player from a really good or great player though?

It's why someone like Ramprakash was a failure, but Pietersen is not.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It isn't backed with logical proofs. Logical proof is some thing irrefutable.
Virtually nothing's irrefutable. As far as I'm concerned, it's perfectly logical to argue what I've been arguing these last 5 days, otherwise I wouldn't be arguing it.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Surely handling the pressure is part of what separates a good player from a really good or great player though?

It's why someone like Ramprakash was a failure, but Pietersen is not.
he was not, he was at least as good as hayden is now, richard says so....

pasag

RTDAS
Lol at this thread getting to twenty pages. FWIW, I agree with Richard, Hayden is much, much better than Hussain.

pup11

International Coach
Hussain was one of those players who use to bore the opposition and crowd to death with his batting, his batting might have been effective for his team but he is nowhere near Hayden as a batsman.

Hayden is a legend in test matches and he might not be the best odi player to play the game but he certainly is a long way ahead of Hussain in the odi format too.

TBH, i don't think Hussain is in the same league as Hayden.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Hussain was one of those players who use to bore the opposition and crowd to death with his batting
The same could be said about Atherton?. But he was involved in one of the greatest duels of all time in 1998 at Trent Bridge up against a fericious Allan Donald. Pup, you just can't say these things without having evidence whatsover to back it up.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Hussain was one of those players who use to bore the opposition and crowd to death with his batting, his batting might have been effective for his team but he is nowhere near Hayden as a batsman.
Only if you had a simplistic view of boredom - for me Hussain was one of the best-looking players in the business, and did sometimes even score quickly... shock-horror.

Both batsmen's batting was effective for their team, but Hussain's was far higher in quality.