• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Battle of the ARL/NRL Stars**

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Tough one. I'm inclined to go for BK, but Fitzgibbon's kicking has to be a factor. Given it's solid rather than El Masri-esque I'll still go with Kennedy. Played most of 06 with one leg & was still quality.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I can isee a case for Kennedy over Fitzgibbon, but I don't see how it's a long way.

Fitzgibbon's had the work rate of Hindmarsh over the last 3 or 4 seasons plus he's kicked goals at 75%.
The thing with Fitzgibbon is that he started his career slow and seems to be finishing his career the same way. He was absolute gun for a good five years there and right up their with Hindmarsh and Kennedy. But Kennedy was gun his whole career from days at Canberra, to Newcastle and then at Manly. His consistency over a long period would put him a long way infront of Fitzgibbon even when you take in his goal kicking.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
lol Gasnier has done nothing, O'Davis played in several origin winning series, won two grand finals, a clive churchill medal, played for Australia. what a joke of a result this will be...

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
lol Gasnier has done nothing, O'Davis played in several origin winning series, won two grand finals, a clive churchill medal, played for Australia. what a joke of a result this will be...
he did, but for me, it's more the drugs thing tbh.. lost a helluva lot of respect for O'Davis because of it

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Mark Gasnier

Probably not his fault, but O'Davis was selected over Shifcofske for QLD far too many times.
Add that to fact its not his fault he had Barrett as his play marker not Johns and we be can see why there is such a major difference in their club records.