• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
St. Kilda
Fremantle
Kangaroos
Brisbane
Sydney
Adelaide
Western Bulldogs
Richmond

Can't believe Nathan Brown isn't playing! :(

Last edited:

archie mac

International Coach
Melbourne v St. Kilda
Fremantle v Port Adelaide
Kangaroos v Collingwood
Brisbane v Hawthorn
Sydney v West Coast
Adelaide v Essendon
Western Bulldogs v Geelong
Carlton v Richmond

Last edited:

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
crap.... you serious, Brown not playing?

SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Demons in a dhire situation to.

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Mitchell just ruined the game for me about 15 before the game started here in NSW (WTF Channel 7? **** off)

I would honestly strangle him to death. Had to block the **** before I gave him a Rodgie-like spray. The result didn't grind me as much as the fact that he just killed like 3 months of getting pumped for footy.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Lucky Gelman doesn't listen to me....

Pretty shockin performance by the Dees tonight. Saints played well, and with Riewoldt and Hudghton back in that team, they should go further than I thought they might.

Johnners

Dire stuff from the Demons really. Played well for the first 15 minutes, and patches in the last quarter, had nothing for the majority of the game though.

cameeel

International Captain
No tips yet from:

BoyBrumby
Chaminda
Cometer
Luffy
Matt79
NZ Tailender
Pinchy81
Sir BloodyIdiot
Steds

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Oh and there's going to be live betting on bet365 during the Sydney vs. West Coast game. The only other time I have ever been aware of live AFL betting on bet365 was during last year's granny, and I was no where near a computer so tonight could be awesome fun.

Matteh

Oh and there's going to be live betting on bet365 during the Sydney vs. West Coast game. The only other time I have ever been aware of live AFL betting on bet365 was during last year's granny, and I was no where near a computer so tonight could be awesome fun.
I reckon WCE are worth a bet for the win.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Carn the Pies - what a great final quarter to steal a match we had no right to at 3/4 time! Tim Lane is annoying me bleating on about Grant's 50m penalty not being taken to the goal line. He might be right, but FFS - he still missed the goal from 10m directly in front! Pathetic from a professional footballer. Kangas also had already blown plenty of very gettable shots, so its not like they had sealed the deal only to be robbed by the umpires.

I saw it as a balance for a couple of atrocious holding the ball decisions against the Pies in the five minutes preceding anyway. WTF, if that's the new interpretation of holding the ball, obviously they're keen to ensure players don't ever try to take possession, let's all just paddle the ball around on the ground for half an hour without picking it up. Fair dinkum, if that's how they're going to keep on reinterpreting the rules, I think I'm going to enjoy the footy even less this year than I did last year. AFL commission is slowly destroying the game with these rule changes. :(

That said, good win for us - the Roos should have buried us more in the 2nd and 3rd quarters but couldn't put it on the board and that's what happens. Medhurst got a couple, so he's on track for my predicted 45 goals in the home and away season!

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
No tips yet from:

BoyBrumby
Chaminda
Cometer
Luffy
Matt79
NZ Tailender
Pinchy81
Sir BloodyIdiot
Steds
Crap - totally forgot. I'll take the away games, or whatever is the standard for missed tips this week and try again next week.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Seconded, I love watching AFL even though I know very little about the game itself. My brother pointed out to me that on the St Kilda singlets they have St KFC.
Further rant - jeez I hate these new jumpers all the teams are pulling out. It didn't even look like St. Kilda playing last night. The only time I was automatically associating it with StKFC was when recognisable faces like Gehrig and Harvey had the ball and the Kangas one today was ****ing dire! Wish they'd just give up on the whole clash/away jersey thing and just wear the traditional jumpers that worked just fine for the first 100 years of the league!! :(

PS - I am glad footy's back btw! ;)

Johnners

tbh, i lol'd at Grants miss. Should've gone to the goal line i agree, but really, shouldn't be an excuse, and should've slotted it from where he was. Agreed about the new interpretation of the rules, hardly giving players a chance to take a possession.

Status
Not open for further replies.