• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group D - Pakistan, West Indies, Zimbabwe, Ireland

Chubb

International Regular
Kasteni and Ireland in for Rainsford and Brent- not sure what to make of that, since Rainsford is the quickest and Brent the most experienced bowler.

I am glad Kasteni is playing because some time ago I picked him as one to watch- http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/showpost.php?p=595965&postcount=17

However I doubt he is ready yet, but obviously he's just the latest kid to be thrown to the lions.

And for some reason he opened and he's out first ball- well done Zim selectors, you've just scarred a young batsman for life. Again.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I keep hearing that Ireland are already through? My calculations are that both Zim and WI could finish above them, am i wrong?

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
103-4 ATM.

Someone needs a big score for Zim. If they can post 230-250 it will be an interesting game.

pasag

RTDAS
Very good effort from Zimbabwe here, 5/202 in with a chance. Very nice innings from Williams as well.

PY

International Coach
Not bad finish from the Zimbabs. Still don't expect an upset but fair effort.

Chubb

International Regular
Good knock Sean Williams- classy effort. It won't be enough but at least it's not disgrace.

PY

International Coach
Good man.

Incidentally, anyone who ever gets the opportunity to visit Dublin should drop in at the Porterhouse - the best beers in Ireland by far.
I'm in Ireland in 2 weeks Eddie, flying into Dublin then going to Kilkenny then back to Dublin. 3 days to survey Ireland.

Where would you recommend that isn't a watering hole? The ladies with us probably wouldn't appreciate being in a smoky pub for a whole day. :laugh: