• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - Sri Lanka, India, Bangladesh, Bermuda

bdcricmad

Cricket Spectator
The reason why Bangladesh will have a tough time beating SL is that SL knows this BD team is perfectly capable of causing another upset, and will be mentally and physically prepared for this game.
upset???8-) 8-) 8-)

anyway, do you think India took BD lightly after getting forecast from NZ's defeat against BD?

I think you people will never wake up.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
upset???8-) 8-) 8-)

anyway, do you think India took BD lightly after getting forecast from NZ's defeat against BD?

No because that was not only a warm up match, this is India we're talking about. They are an over confident bunch who don't take anyone lightly unless they experience the beating themselves.

There was a much bigger hype for BD beating India because it was an official match AND it's happened two times now if you consider the NZL/BD game. And now SL knows what's coming at them. They will prepare to the best of their abilities. Once again I am not ruling out the possibility of BD beating SL, it's just unlikely.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Just don't bother listening to Turd, or if you do, just do the opposite, we all know what he's like with predictions 8-)

adharcric

International Coach
upset???8-) 8-) 8-)

Don't get too excited, it might just blow up in your face. Bangladesh are doing well but you're acting as if they're world champions all of a sudden.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I want India to lose against SL, period. Bangla and SL are better team and they should be in the Super Six. Plus I cant stand Dravid as captain and Chappell as coach for another match.

Worst Indian captain in our history and Chappell worst coach ever.

JustTool

State 12th Man
Inzamam retires. Now' that's at least some class.

Tendulkar should have done that a LONG time ago.

Until India (and especially the mindless sycophants on this Board) realise that Tendulkar is NOT bigger than the game and is a HUGE ZERO under pressure (he was pathetic the way he was poking at deliveries versus Bangla) there is NO HOPE for Indian cricket.

Remember a nation of 1B+ people and the richest cricket board has won only ONEWorld Cup in 1983. And Tendulkar has zero world cups.

Regarding overreaction from the Indian fans - with the amount of money and adulation showered on these useless atheletes after every win they deserve to expect better than these displays. It is pathetic for people to say the Bangla is a great team - I mean with 3 teenagers who wiped India - come on :blink:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just been reported on Fox sports in Oz that an angry mob has demolished Dhoni's house in India in the aftermath of the loss - bet Chappell's glad he's renting

JustTool

State 12th Man
Just been reported on Fox sports in Oz that an angry mob has demolished Dhoni's house in India in the aftermath of the loss - bet Chappell's glad he's renting
Well, the medi ais exaggerating a little. Truth is that the government gave Dhoni a bunch of land etc. FREE (why in the heck - he is making enough money anyway and it's not like he won the world cup :laugh: ) along with a bunch of other stuff. So the people were angry. RIghtly so.

Indian cricket fans would have Freud turning in his grave.

Just look at the 'educated' folks on this board - they are unable to get themselves to hold Tendulkar accountable for his completely uninspired display the last few years. :wacko:

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

Regarding overreaction from the Indian fans - with the amount of money and adulation showered on these useless atheletes after every win they deserve to expect better than these displays. It is pathetic for people to say the Bangla is a great team - I mean with 3 teenagers who wiped India - come on :blink:
I didn't get that last bit about "It is pathetic for people to say the Bangla is a great team."

Shouldn't it be something like "not a great team" (for the moment)?

Anyways, as for the news, Dhoni is having a house built and the wall was broken down and effigies of Dhoni was burnt with words such as "Die Dhoni" and all, but a house was not demolished for it has not been completely built yet :wacko:!!!!!

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Well, the medi ais exaggerating a little. Truth is that the government gave Dhoni a bunch of land etc. FREE (why in the heck - he is making enough money anyway and it's not like he won the world cup :laugh: ) along with a bunch of other stuff. So the people were angry. RIghtly so.

Indian cricket fans would have Freud turning in his grave.

Just look at the 'educated' folks on this board - they are unable to get themselves to hold Tendulkar accountable for his completely uninspired display the last few years. :wacko:
You are just a pathetic Psycho. As bad as Dhoni played, no one has the right attack his home. I just hope that the perpetrators are caught and punished. A Holes. No one forced them to watch the game and/or support team India.

Not to forget the fact is that the TV Media is behaving like another bunch arseholes by spewing venom all over. It's just ridiculous. They temselves build the hype and when the team doesn't perform at that hypothetical level, they paint the players as some sort of evil.

Pathetic and shameful.

adharcric

International Coach
You are just a pathetic Psycho. As bad as Dhoni played, no one has the right attack his home. I just hope that the perpetrators are caught and punished. A Holes. No one forced them to watch the game and/or support team India.

Not to forget the fact is that the TV Media is behaving like another bunch arseholes by spewing venom all over. It's just ridiculous. They temselves build the hype and when the team doesn't perform at that hypothetical level, they paint the players as some sort of evil.

Pathetic and shameful.
Very well said. It's a shame that these bastards can go around like this without anyone stopping them.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

Pathetic and shameful.
The sad definition of all that you said - The Indian Media :dry:!!!!!

JustTool

State 12th Man

Pathetic and shameful.
Besides spewing vulgarities yourselves do you have anything sensible to add. You and Adharcic must be roommates. Loo, it's people lik eyou who treat these marginal athletes like Gods that causes the reverse reaction when they lose (which is too often). If you did not treat them like Gods or heroes THEN the reverse wouldn't happen. It is clear to any objective observer that these circketrs are NOT in it to play well and make the country proud but to make money: TENDULKAR MOST OF ALL. And that's how they should be treated. Like professional NBA players in the US and not as some national heroes :unsure:

What's the point - you'll never get it any way.

maxpower

U19 Cricketer
IND is playing tommorrow, and I hope Kumble plays from now on...and hopefully Rahul wont think too much and keep things simple when making decisions...

pup11

International Coach
India are making a lot of fuss about the pitch they are gonna play on today, don't tell me they think even Bermuda can beat them now.