• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - Sri Lanka, India, Bangladesh, Bermuda

adharcric

International Coach
Sri Lanka have a few guys I just don't think are up to it. If India can get their selection right, I don't really have such reservations about any of their players. So I'm backing India.
Big if. Sehwag definitely shouldn't make the XI in the next match and I don't want to see him open for the Indian one-day side ever again. He's just a walking wicket to any incoming delivery on off-stump. Pathan has been the greatest disappointment of the year for India - he looked like a genuine match-winner in 2006 but he's merely an option that we may have to resort to out of desperation at this point. Kumble might as well get the nod as Bhajji doesn't seem to be much of a wicket-taker anymore.

JustTool

State 12th Man
You actually take post-match statements literally?
Sorry - I know you agree with Chappell that this defeat is all part of the 'process' and 'plan'. And that Tendulkar is the best. Oh, yes ! the averages.

As long as there are gullible folks like you willing to mindlessly swallow all excuses Inidan cricket has no hope !! Oh, for a Kapil, Amarnath or Gavaskar in this team

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Well done to Bangladesh, I'm obviously very disappointed from an Indian fan's point of view, but excited and incredibly happy for Bangladesh from a cricket fan's point of view. They were terrific.

Fiery

Banned
Well done to Bangladesh, I'm obviously very disappointed from an Indian fan's point of view, but excited and incredibly happy for Bangladesh from a cricket fan's point of view. They were terrific.
Yes Jono, having just watched the highlights, Bangladesh looked a class team to me. Mortaza and these teenage batsmen they have have talent coming out of their asses. Great to see them progress so much in OD cricket. I see a parallel between their progress and that of Sri Lankas when they first came on the scene. In 10 years they'll be a real force in both forms of the game hopefully

Last edited:

adharcric

International Coach
Sorry - I know you agree with Chappell that this defeat is all part of the 'process' and 'plan'. And that Tendulkar is the best. Oh, yes ! the averages.

As long as there are gullible folks like you willing to mindlessly swallow all excuses Inidan cricket has no hope !! Oh, for a Kapil, Amarnath or Gavaskar in this team
Learn how to read first.

You actually take post-match statements literally?
Next time, try to make a comment that's relevant. 8-)

adharcric

International Coach
Same here. Until now, I wasn't sure who I supported after India. Now I am. Mortaza was already a gun but the new kids on the block are awesome.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
This is what happens when you select the team on the basis of reputation and not on the basis of performance.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Pathetic, Arghhh FFS how can this happen. Congrats to them tho, they completely outplayed us and deserved to win.

pup11

International Coach
India would really be under tremendous pressure to pull off a victory against Sri Lanka
since they have always struggeled to do well in important games.

Their body language and Dravid's post-match press conference yesterday were really poor to say the least and it shows that the Indian team are hardly a confident bunch atm.

JustTool

State 12th Man
Learn how to read first.

Next time, try to make a comment that's relevant. 8-)
Go read all your pathetic statments saying how Tendulkar is a genius and would come good and how great the team and Chappell are. I think YOU are the one who need to learn how to read and write. And see. This display was nothing short of pathetic and shameful and anyone who was objectively watching Inidan cricket the last 2-3 years would have predicted it.

I wonder what you will do when India returns without making it to the Super-8. I mean, with your life.... :laugh:

JustTool

State 12th Man
India would really be under tremendous pressure to pull off a victory against Sri Lanka
since they have always struggeled to do well in important games.

Their body language and Dravid's post-match press conference yesterday were really poor to say the least and it shows that the Indian team are hardly a confident bunch atm.
And there you have the problem. No team spirit at all. Everyone plays for personal endorsements LED BY TENDULKAR.

DROP TENDULKAR !!

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
People should stop criticising India so much in my opinion, it was a superb performance by Bangladesh and they deserve the credit.

IMO the way they played yesterday they would have beaten anyone, I'm glad NZ didn't have to play against them.

pasag

RTDAS
People should stop criticising India so much in my opinion, it was a superb performance by Bangladesh and they deserve the credit.

IMO the way they played yesterday they would have beaten anyone, I'm glad NZ didn't have to play against them.
Yeah agreed, they would have had any team in trouble the way they bowled yesterday.

JustTool

State 12th Man
Unlike the Indian captain & coach and it's fans we must give a lot of credit to Inzamam and Woolmer for HONESTY:

Inzamam too had no idea what the future would hold. "It's only been a few minutes and I can't say what I'll do," he said. "Since we haven't performed, changes are likely and needed too."

When asked what went wrong, Woolmer didn't sugar-coat his words. "We hit balls in the air to fielders, we stopped balls with our pads in front of the stumps, that's what went wrong. We're sorry we performed like we have. We didn't mean to do it."

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I agree too, I expect that if India bat first they'll have a really tough time against Vaas.

SL just look a better-balanced team to me, really high-class batsmen with the likes of Jayasuriya, Sangakkara and Tharanga, and two amazing ODI bowlers in Vaas and Murali.
Toss will be crucial in both of the crucial games in this Group, SL v Bangladesh and SL v India.

I am amazed (and must give credit to Inzy and Woolmer) for not blaming the pitch .

foe

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Worst nightmare coming true for Indian fans...

The India media was reporting how the India- pakistan super 8 match was going to be on a sunday....Looks like its gonna be ireland vs bangladesh now