• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - Sri Lanka, India, Bangladesh, Bermuda

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
why are you guys going against bangladesh? cant you go against sri lanka and destroy them so that bangladesh and india goes through with better run rate?
What are the chances of us "destroying" Sri Lanka? I mean I would love to have Bangladesh join India in the Super 8s, but that isn't gauranteed even if we do win our next two matches. Instead if Bermuda beats Bangladesh, which is highly unlikely, then we're in it for sure.

pup11

International Coach
I think India can consider themselves as good as knocked out of this WC in the group stages itself, since i can't see them beating Sri lanka in this sort of form.

When the Indians can't survive Bangladeshi bowling attack there is no chance in hell of them withstanding the full-strength Lankan attack.

dass

Banned
i agree, the only way they could survive against them is if the batting pitch is good, other then that they could kiss the world cup goodbye.

JustTool

State 12th Man
Well, at least this time the Chappell-Dravid combine cannot say that this is all part if the 'process' and 'experimentation' for the world cup so they are not too worried. Blah blah blah....

Inidain cricket is a joke. Th ebigger joke is people expecting them to win with any consistency. And the biggest joke is the stupid coach. :laugh:

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i agree, the only way they could survive against them is if the batting pitch is good, other then that they could kiss the world cup goodbye.
I agree too, I expect that if India bat first they'll have a really tough time against Vaas.

SL just look a better-balanced team to me, really high-class batsmen with the likes of Jayasuriya, Sangakkara and Tharanga, and two amazing ODI bowlers in Vaas and Murali.

JustTool

State 12th Man
Well, at least this time the Chappell-Dravid combine cannot say that this is all part if the 'process' and 'experimentation' for the world cup so they are not too worried. Blah blah blah....

Inidain cricket is a joke. The bigger joke is people expecting them to win with any consistency. And the biggest joke is the stupid coach. :laugh:

JustTool

State 12th Man
Dravid said:
the boys did their best and tried quite hard

what a joke. he must think everyone is stupid. if this is the best they can do -send them back !

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
I agree too, I expect that if India bat first they'll have a really tough time against Vaas.

SL just look a better-balanced team to me, really high-class batsmen with the likes of Jayasuriya, Sangakkara and Tharanga, and two amazing ODI bowlers in Vaas and Murali.
Honestly, though, if you go by looks India should win. Too bad the game's outcome is not judged by the look of things, we'll just have to see how each team comes out and performs on that given day.

High-class batsmen like Jayasuriya, Sangakkara and Tharanga could be out cheaply, you never know. And the same can be said for India's players.

R_D

International Debutant
I was so nervous about this match. knew it india were somehow going to mess it up. All credit to Bangladesh bowlers for sticking to line and length and doing well to strict india to such a low total. But indian batsman never tried to take the singles, were just looking for 4 balls. ah well. ANyway i'm pretty sure india will beta Sri Lanka. This Sri Lanka team is being slrightly over-rated and they certainly aren't as good as they are made out to be.
Ind and Bangladesh to go through ;)

adharcric

International Coach

High-class batsmen? Dravid? Tendulkar? Ganguly? Yuvraj? Both teams are great on paper but the team that shows up on the day will win it.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm not saying India don't have high-class batsmen too, of course they do. I was just saying that SL have not only the batsmen but great bowlers too.

dass

Banned
the problem is other then ganguly none of the other highclass batsmen are firing, they have been out of form for so long now, and these pitches will never help these batsmen further.

adharcric

International Coach
Should Tendulkar retire from one-day cricket if India fail to qualify for the Super 8 round? Obviously, it will be his decision but what are your thoughts?

JustTool, let me do your work for you.
JustTool said:
Drop Tendulkar.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
High-class batsmen? Dravid? Tendulkar? Ganguly? Yuvraj? Both teams are great on paper but the team that shows up on the day will win it.
Sri Lanka have a few guys I just don't think are up to it. If India can get their selection right, I don't really have such reservations about any of their players. So I'm backing India.