• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group D - Pakistan, West Indies, Zimbabwe, Ireland

Rajeev

U19 12th Man
Pakistanis were jumping in the air seeing the Indian demise, only to witness a bigger anti-climax

Get your bags packing and come home

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah what a game, and what a day of cricket. As disappointing as it was, I can't help but feel happy for these two winning teams.

Well done Ireland and Bangladesh, well done! Hats off!

pakster

U19 12th Man
It has been an extraoridanry days cricket...first india, then pakistan. Truely imense, utterly absorbing and thoroughly heartbreaking. Thought we might just clinch it with those 3 quick wickets...but kher, such is life.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Amazing day's cricket - who'd have thunk it

Glad to see it wasnt rained off - no team deserves to go out that way

Beleg

International Regular
Congragulations Ireland, you won fair and square. You absolutely deserved the win, I salute your guts, your determination and your will to win.

As for Pakistan...

I don't think we can fall any lower.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
As happy as I feel for all those Irish, I can't help but feel sorry for Inzi. Did any of you see his face during the presentation? Holy smokes, you could tell the guy was almost about to cry. :(

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Yeah what a game, and what a day of cricket. As disappointing as it was, I can't help but feel happy for these two winning teams.

Well done Ireland and Bangladesh, well done! Hats off!
Agree with that wholeheartedly. I love the Pakistani team, but I also love to see the lesser teams toppling the big teams...I really can't feel bad about India losing to Bangladesh or Pakistan losing to Ireland.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
what a day! I wont ever forget this day. 2 upsets in the same day! yes, i have to eat someof my words "zim wont lose to th irish" but they didn't tied :) but what a day!Ireland and bangladesh in the super 8! to the haters **** you! stop hating on the minnows...they get better this way not just playing against other sucky teams. what the icc development program is doing is going to the right direction...so haters just **** off... no team gets better overnight they get thrashed and they get better look ad bd for example! good luck to the irish!

busy

DCC_legend

International Regular
Both Ireland and Bangladesh were pumped up for the games. India and Pakistan were probably feeling that they could go out and have easy wins (maybe less so for india) But not to take away from both performances, Well Done lads!

jack_sparrow

U19 Debutant
As happy as I feel for all those Irish, I can't help but feel sorry for Inzi. Did any of you see his face during the presentation? Holy smokes, you could tell the guy was almost about to cry. :(
I didn't feel to bad for pakistan. Although I cannot explain what happened to them today, I did not expect much. The way I see it, they did not have like 40 percent of their team, all of which who were key players needed for this tournament. Namely....

Razzaq
Afridi
Asif
Shabbir
Akhtar

Imagine missing out on a superb allrounder, a great game changing slogger, two genuine and promising quicks and a super fast bowler. I'd imagine having them in the team, for all the matches would automatically boost morale for their players, and more pressure on the opposition.

DCC_legend

International Regular
to the haters **** you! stop hating on the minnows...they get better this way not just playing against other sucky teams. what the icc development program is doing is going to the right direction...so haters just **** off... no team gets better overnight they get thrashed and they get better look ad bd for example! good luck to the irish!
Agree with you fully. The smaller nations have got to be given a chance to perform at the highest level possible. Today is a strong case for both Ireland and Bangladesh (more so in Irelands favour) As teams will now look at them in a new light, and will not go out and think they cna just walk over the smaller nations!!