• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group D - Pakistan, West Indies, Zimbabwe, Ireland

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
from cricinfo

4.15pm Because we have completed 20 overs, there will be no coming back tomorrow. The game will have to be finished today, and if there is no more play then Ireland will win the match as they are ahead on D/L. The question has to be, why on earth did Inzamam not turn to his spinners when it became clear that the light was fading and he was behind?

The rain might relent but the light is poor and unless that gets better there will be no more cricket. The Irish crowd are celebrating, but they would celebrate the grass growing, so don't read too much into that. My wife is also celebrating as she wants me to pick up some food on my way home. She'll have to wait a while yet.

The umpires consult ... and the batsmen are off faster than Peter Parker when the cakeshop opens. If there is no more play then Ireland will win on D/L. It's dark and it's raining ... and unless something changes, Pakistan are on their way out.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
from cricinfo

4.15pm Because we have completed 20 overs, there will be no coming back tomorrow. The game will have to be finished today, and if there is no more play then Ireland will win the match as they are ahead on D/L. The question has to be, why on earth did Inzamam not turn to his spinners when it became clear that the light was fading and he was behind?

The rain might relent but the light is poor and unless that gets better there will be no more cricket. The Irish crowd are celebrating, but they would celebrate the grass growing, so don't read too much into that. My wife is also celebrating as she wants me to pick up some food on my way home. She'll have to wait a while yet.

The umpires consult ... and the batsmen are off faster than Peter Parker when the cakeshop opens. If there is no more play then Ireland will win on D/L. It's dark and it's raining ... and unless something changes, Pakistan are on their way out.
Heh, about an over before they went off, they had this to say: "Ireland are ahead on D/L, but they will come back tomorrow if they go off now."

Ah well, that clears that up. :)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Slow Love™;1117176 said:
With both teams having faced 20 overs? I don't think so.

Anyhow, par D/L score at this stage is 69.
Quite correct. From the playing conditions:

12.1.3 Every effort will be made to complete the match on the scheduled day with any necessary reduction in overs taking place and only if the minimum number of overs necessary to constitute a match cannot be bowled on the scheduled day will the match be completed on the reserve day.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Now India losing doesn't feel so bad!
why not? pakistan came into this world cup a seriously weakened side(although a loss against ireland would still be shocking) while india was supposed to be at full-strength, well prepared and ready for this...it's not at all the same....

no1_gangsta_786

U19 Cricketer
Pakistan played like they were the minnow in this match. All credit goes to the Ireland team for the way they have played. Throughly disappointed with Pakistan's performance...not looking forward to going to school on Monday. :(