• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group D - Pakistan, West Indies, Zimbabwe, Ireland

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Just over halfway now - I haven't seen much of Ireland at all, but I presume that given they recovered from 5/90 the other day to post 220, that their lower order isn't exactly a pack of cards...
The other O'Brien can definitely bat, and Johnston's a huge hitter, something like the Afridi of the team. Not sure about the others, but I think they bat pretty deep.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
****ing jobbed.

One of the worst decisions Ive ever seen, and as a bowler myself, I cant call appealing for that anything short of cheating

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
The more replays TV show, the more dire that decision looks ... anyhow, it's done and dusted and Ireland need to avid losing another wicket now.

who's guilty?

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Sounds like a dire appeal. Can't have been as that one Strauss got in the Ashes where he middled it onto his pad, and got out LBW.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Ive been staying off CWeb today as I thought talking about the game would jinx the Micks but that desision has brought me on.

Short of England winning the WC, Ireland winning this game would give me the greatest pleasure, especially given my dislike of Pakistani cricket

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The more replays TV show, the more dire that decision looks ... anyhow, it's done and dusted and Ireland need to avid losing another wicket now.

who's guilty?
Could that have been an LBW? It was more LBW than it was bat... only six inches out as opposed to ten...

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Ive been staying off CWeb today as I thought talking about the game would jinx the Micks but that desision has brought me on.

Short of England winning the WC, Ireland winning this game would give me the greatest pleasure, especially given my dislike of Pakistani cricket
Same, if a decision is that dire, it's cheating by appealing for it tbh.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Nah, this one wasnt even close to out even on first viewing. Should have been impossible to appeal for and even less likely to be given. Never ever looked anything but a shocker.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Ireland must be well ahead, surely? 80/4 needing 52, ahead of the NRR...

Bet Kent are really chuffed they released Niall O'Brien, too. Better bat than Geraint, by the looks of things.