• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group D - Pakistan, West Indies, Zimbabwe, Ireland

haroon510

International 12th Man
damn what a rabbish performance from pakistani team. we might as well call it a lose now. very dissappointing performance.

they are losing why not hit the ball the run rate is going over 9 now.

haroon510

International 12th Man
well the pakistan team should regroup for the next match.
they should diffinatly drop rana and kaneria. i perfer sami over rana or if not sami then yasir arafat. they should bring azhar mahmood for kuneria.

i don't know they have played this game really under pressure for some reason. if we see the figure there in scorecard.

hafiz played 28 delivers for 11
yousuf 78 delivers for 37
and inzi 65 for 36

the target wasn't that big it was only under five and from where i see it WI was the weakest from the top 8. if they couldn't beat WI then they might as well pack their bags and go back home.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
He won't get it tho; Malik holes out. Thank you & goodnight.

Malik did really well, to be fair to him. Not too many other Pakistani batters come out with much credit tho.

A thoroughly professional performance from the Windies, fair play to them. :)

Steulen

International Regular
Excellent fielding by Bravo throughout. two great catches and also nice fielding off his own bowling..that man's got some pretty good reflexes.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
The perfect start to the World Cup, results wise. Maybe it could have been closer, but at least the hosts have won.

pakster

U19 12th Man
Not that it'll matter with regards to the outcome, but I think Rao was caught off a Bravo no-ball there.
Rao is a solid bat - would have made all the differene....Anywho, WI were amazing today - D Smith was fantatsic and it bodes well for the tournament to have a strong host.

godofcricket

State 12th Man
187 All out..... i salute inzamam for his amazing performance, leading from the front as he ALWAYS does......came one down, and easily took the game away from West Indies.......just amazing captaincy and one of the boldest batsman i have ever seen. :mad2:

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Rao is a solid bat - would have made all the differene....Anywho, WI were amazing today - D Smith was fantatsic and it bodes well for the tournament to have a strong host.
Hmm. Solid he may be, but the asking rate was already over 16 when he fell. :p