• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [10/08/07] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

PY

International Coach
:mad:

Openers took me to 288/0 off 42.3 overs, then I proceeded to lose all my wickets for 37 runs and was all out before 50 overs was up. :nono:

The chase is on, 326 to win but from 288/0 with 10 in hand I should have been looking at 350+

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Nah get ****ed, how did I lose. Hate that ****.

Code:
 Central Districts  	Western Hammerheads
Top Order: 	respectable 	respectable
Middle Order: 	competent 	mediocre
Lower Order: 	abysmal 	worthless
Seam Bowling: 	respectable 	competent
Spin Bowling: 	proficient 	mediocre
Fielding: 	feeble 	woeful
Their best batsman (who's a quality max) destroyed my superb, superb, strong, prof, prof while his bowling attack of like superb, resp, resp, comp, comp bowled me out on a dusty where I've got 2 gun spinners. Riiiiiight.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nah get ****ed, how did I lose. Hate that ****.

Code:
 Central Districts  	Western Hammerheads
Top Order: 	respectable 	respectable
Middle Order: 	competent 	mediocre
Lower Order: 	abysmal 	worthless
Seam Bowling: 	respectable 	competent
Spin Bowling: 	proficient 	mediocre
Fielding: 	feeble 	woeful
Their best batsman (who's a quality max) destroyed my superb, superb, strong, prof, prof while his bowling attack of like superb, resp, resp, comp, comp bowled me out on a dusty where I've got 2 gun spinners. Riiiiiight.
Hurts, doesn't it?

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Thanks for the compliment, but I ain't no Welshie!
Complete tangent, but are you the same Mahinda that occasionally posts on King Cricket? Only I just remembered where I first heard about Battrick, and lo and behold it was a Mahinda that recommended it on there.

Okay, wtf: "blog spot" is in the swear filter? What sort of lamer stubs their toe and shouts out "oh, blog spot!" "I've trodden in blog spot"? "You're full of blog spot, you piece of blog spot"?

Weird. Something to do with forum spammers?

p.s. everyone who doesn't already should read King Cricket. It's ace. See if you can deduce its URL. :)

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Complete tangent, but are you the same Mahinda that occasionally posts on King Cricket? Only I just remembered where I first heard about Battrick, and lo and behold it was a Mahinda that recommended it on there.
Yep, that's me!

Glad to see that it spawned at least one new user...I wonder if Blue and Brown ever signed up?

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Okay, wtf: "blog spot" is in the swear filter? What sort of lamer stubs their toe and shouts out "oh, blog spot!" "I've trodden in blog spot"? "You're full of blog spot, you piece of blog spot"?
Nah, it's blocked because CW has an anti-advertising-your-own-website-through-linking-it-here policy. Why, I do not know, but meh.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Ffs, need a hundred runs off the last ten overs with 3 wickets in hand. Opponents probably GFI'ed against my TIE.

Sigh, another season in III.

Scaly piscine

Lost the toss and am bowling on a flat pitch:

End of Over 8: 42-1, runrate=5.25
Summers 4-0-28-1
Rowland* 13 (20 balls)
Nile 11 (16 balls)

Last Wicket: Prince c. Appleby b. Summers 17 (FOW: 20/1)

Summers is on defensive...

They've got three good bats at the top of the order and that's about it.

End of Over 12: 33-6, runrate=2.75
Mee 1-1-0-2
Howlett* 0 (1 balls)
Barr 0 (1 balls)

Last Wicket: Bardsley c. Verhoeven b. Mee 0 (FOW: 33/6)

hmmm im doing alright.....

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Haha :laugh: can't believe this tbh

And that's the end of the match. Alternative XI won by 10 wickets.
blackburn rovers 2 16-10
Alternative XI 17-0

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Beat Gelman by 7 wickets today, with 10 overs to spare or so. Firmly in second place in my league now, at the halfway point.

How does promotion from div 5 work, exactly? Do you have to win the group and then a playoff, or does the top team go up automatically?

PY

International Coach
Hmm PY's game was very interesting... bit of a showcase of the problems with Battrick's engine.
Yeah it was, bit of a joke to be honest. It was a case of 'who's batsmen wanted to get to the food quickest?' by the end. I lost 10/37 and he lost 7/30.

But I won. :cool:

My ratings were shocking though which's odd given that two of my top 3 have popped in primary in last two weeks, something to do with my last 2 losses I guess?

Oh and what the hell is up with the transfer market? Got a 1.7m bid on him:

Brijesh Singh (327238)
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, strong bowling form, sublime
A destructive player with mediocre leadership skills and feeble experience.

Plays For: Boggles
Nationality: India
Battrick Rating: 21,818
Wages: £1,692 p/w
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: competent Concentration: proficient
Bowling: competent Consistency: superb
Fielding: woeful

And a 2.5m bid on this guy:

Scott Mamello (899659)
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, strong bowling form, invigorated
A defensive player with worthless leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Boggles
Nationality: Australia
Battrick Rating: 15,587
Wages: £3,283 p/w
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: respectable Concentration: competent
Bowling: superb Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: abysmal

Not bad for a 500k investment plus 40-odd nets. :)

Not sure I want Carey to sell now as I bet there won't be any decent all-rounders on the market!

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Logged in expecting to find myself struggling on a dusty pitch - I've got no medium pacers, and just the one (albeit decent) spinner...who seems to do much better on greentops than dusty tracks.

Well, I found that I'd bowled them out for 95, with fast bowler Hirst taking 4/26, including the wicket of Gurusinha, a SL NT batsman. Should be a fairly easy chase.

My opponents, Wonderboys III, are one of those teams that look quite good on paper (players with BTRs at 90k, 73k, 49k, 28k, 23k, 23k, 20k) but are getting squashed. I should have gone with my gut instinct and TIEd.

Scaly piscine

End of Over 30: 143-3, runrate=4.77
Summers 10-0-42-2
Stifler* 13 (32 balls)
Caulfield 0 (0 balls)

Last Wicket: Nile lbw b. Summers 61 (FOW: 143/3)

Summers gets their last good bat with his last ball. Entirely into their mediocre middle order now, no remarkable top order left.

Status
Not open for further replies.