• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW English Meet-Up

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jus' joshin'. ;)

One of many, yes.

You a fan too, BTW?
Didn't know the track from the list lyrics - amazing as it's the sort of thing I usually pick up. Will have to iTunes it. Could probably do a history lesson off of it too... if not a whole unit of work!

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Have no idea how I'm gonna manage this journey, TBH. Chances of me getting the day itself off work are touch and go, let alone getting a day off before or after to stay overnight.

My chances of making this meetup are diminishing - the fact that I'm supposed to be off to Canada in August doesn't exactly help, either. Gah. :dry:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'd quite happily make the round-trip all the way to Southampton if it helped... trouble with that, obviously, would be the fact that it would roughly halve our participation in the match...

Barney Rubble

International Coach
I'd quite happily make the round-trip all the way to Southampton if it helped... trouble with that, obviously, would be the fact that it would roughly halve our participation in the match...
Yeah, thanks mate, but I wouldn't ask you guys to go that far out of your way, even if it didn't affect our participation. TBH my participation in this thing is in increasing doubt, but I'll do what I can once the time gets closer.

Might do some good to have a replacement "opener" lined up in case I can't make it. :laugh:

EDIT: For some reason my post has a random smiley face in the title. How odd.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
:laugh::lol: You clicked on the icon just above the Submit Reply. I do that occasionally (did it deliberately here). You can edit it out if you prefer (needs a Full Edit rather than a Quick one).

Barney Rubble

International Coach
:laugh::lol: You clicked on the icon just above the Submit Reply. I do that occasionally (did it deliberately here). You can edit it out if you prefer (needs a Full Edit rather than a Quick one).
Haha, I'll keep it in. Waiting for the occasion when someone posts a full-blown rant with a giant grinning face above it.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Didn't know the track from the list lyrics - amazing as it's the sort of thing I usually pick up. Will have to iTunes it. Could probably do a history lesson off of it too... if not a whole unit of work!
Indeed, it's been said many times... is often regarded, educationally, as one of the greatest songs ever to be released...

Or at least it was in 1989, when it apparently "inspired history students all across America". !!!!!!!

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If lifts are being sorted, have to bear in mind that Me, Tarick, Haakon will all appear at once and would probably be better served by all squeezing into the back of Rich's car rather than having to split people up between two cars.

Evesham is easily gettable to from mine and from there you can bomb up the A46 til the M42/M5 (if iirc).

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well guessing Rich still has the same car he did previously you'll have a better chance of squeezing into Rich of the Dickinson variety's car than of the Hingston...

pasag

RTDAS
Indeed, it's been said many times... is often regarded, educationally, as one of the greatest songs ever to be released...

Or at least it was in 1989, when it apparently "inspired history students all across America". !!!!!!!
Not a fan of the song itbt. Wouldn't place it in Joel's top 50. It is catchy though.

Here's a good explanation of all the events and people listed.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Not in the top 50? :blink:

Haven't seen that particular site before, but like I said - there seem to be 100s of them.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well, yeah, but... not in the top 50? :blink:

I mean, it's my fave of his stuff, personally, even if it doesn't demonstrate his skills on the piano like so many others, but I'm just wondering what are the 50 (and more) songs of his that are better...

(Wondering what I've let myself in for, ITBT...)

pasag

RTDAS
Well, yeah, but... not in the top 50? :blink:

I mean, it's my fave of his stuff, personally, even if it doesn't demonstrate his skills on the piano like so many others, but I'm just wondering what are the 50 (and more) songs of his that are better...

(Wondering what I've let myself in for, ITBT...)
Haha, I'm not doing a top 50 tbh.

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Right, can someone please say what the plan is? There's a lot of talk about lifts but to where???

And yes Rich, I would like to sit in the front please :laugh:

Although I am also another driving option if needed, depending on when the meet-up is!