• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW English Meet-Up

open365

International Vice-Captain
I can't take it any more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: have you read these pages that talk (and sometimes hyperlink) you through every event? Fascinating as well as a brilliant tune, really.
Ohh you've gone and lost me there.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Anything Rich can do...

Yeah, sure, that's no problem for me.

Might be a problem if we have to fit Neil, Rich, Haakon, Tarique and yourself in tho... but even then I reckon I could give it a decent shot.
never gonna fit!
Matteh=big lad
Tarique = big lad
Rich= not the smallest either!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ohh you've gone and lost me there.
Well you know how each thing mentioned is a historical event or person, yes? (Harry Trueman being a US President, Liston and Patterson being boxers, Moonshot being the expedition to the moon, etc.)

There are all sorts of web-pages out there that talk through every one. And some that link to other sites about each event\person.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
never gonna fit!
Matteh=big lad
Tarique = big lad
Rich= not the smallest either!
Rich's car = a big-'un.

(That's Rich me, BTW)

I reckon with two small-'uns like Neil and Hakon, we could probably just about do it.

We'd be breaking 3 or 4 laws, obviously, so maybe this is not the place to discuss it... someone edit my post if so.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I can fit three other guys plus Anna in my car.. Spect she'd want to sit in the front though :laugh: - And I don't mind driving at all, in fact, I'd like to

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
maybe...just maybe..we could do a 2 car combination? I guess Pitt would get himself to Somerset or something...

edit: and maybe a few other people down south

open365

International Vice-Captain
Well you know how each thing mentioned is a historical event or person, yes? (Harry Trueman being a US President, Liston and Patterson being boxers, Moonshot being the expedition to the moon, etc.)

There are all sorts of web-pages out there that talk through every one. And some that link to other sites about each event\person.
Ahhhhhhhhhh, ill check it out some time.

Iotolas in Iran, questions in Afganistan

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I can fit three other guys plus Anna in my car.. Spect she'd want to sit in the front though :laugh: - And I don't mind driving at all, in fact, I'd like to
maybe...just maybe..we could do a 2 car combination? I guess Pitt would get himself to Somerset or something...

edit: and maybe a few other people down south
Well it's certainly an idea where I'm sitting - I too prefer driving to being driven.

If Matt could get himself to somewhere I'd be quite happy to pick him up, so that'd make...
Myself
Neil
Rich
Anna
Matt
Matteh
Hakon
Tariq
Which would certainly require 2 cars...

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Well it's certainly an idea where I'm sitting - I too prefer driving to being driven.

If Matt could get himself to somewhere I'd be quite happy to pick him up, so that'd make...
Myself
Neil
Rich
Anna
Matt
Matteh
Hakon
Tariq
Which would certainly require 2 cars...
heck, that's almost one team! haha

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not convenient ones and not on a Sunday morning. He'd be better served going to Birmingham...

I really should be driving by July too so we shouldn't struggle travel wise - not inconceivable to be able to detour and pick up Alex on the way through, specially if you can get on the Cross City line to somewhere near an M-way junction.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'm just wondering how much of a detour it'd be to go to Southampton (or somewhere else where a train is easier to get on a Sunday morning), personally...

Neil Pickup

I'm just wondering how much of a detour it'd be to go to Southampton (or somewhere else where a train is easier to get on a Sunday morning), personally...
To Southampton would pretty much double the journey time. Trains don't run early enough on Sunday mornings for it to be particularly workable for us to pick Matt up from the M5 corridor. In fact, Matt's journey is going to suck. Suggest overnighting.

To Alvechurch (direct train from Wylde Green/Sutton Coldfield) for Alex, the detour is approximately 5 miles total.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well TBH wouldn't it be better to do a late-evening journey to Exeter? Dunno if he could stay at your place or not but I can't see that he'd be unwelcome at mine.

Overnighters and Sunday journeys tend to suck full-stop...

Neil Pickup

Well TBH wouldn't it be better to do a late-evening journey to Exeter? Dunno if he could stay at your place or not but I can't see that he'd be unwelcome at mine.

Overnighters and Sunday journeys tend to suck full-stop...
Yeah, that'd work. Staying in Uni accomm is a non-starter - you can have him...