• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW English Meet-Up

PY

International Coach
Haha, it's just a basic shirt really. 100% polyester.

Depends if people want to do a proper design or not I guess. As I'm skint, I'd probably say that I'd like it to stay under £10. :p

Langeveldt

Soutie
Yeh if it stays that cheap, I'd be up for it

Purple is a good colour to play in, or anything dark like black or dark red.. We could have a vote

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Unless they're coloured shirts I really don't see the point in buying them, as long as everyone has their own whites to begin with what difference does it make?

Coloured shirts would be an amusing novelty for me, as I'm one of the "clearly not good enough" people. :D

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
aahw, Ive got so many whites to pick from, and 1 coloured shirt of my club(blue with red...)
I could play as Argentina, Oundle CC,VCC, so many clubs to pick :cool:
I could also turn up in that colored shirt plus blue trousers
haha

Last edited:

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
aahw, Ive got so many whites to pick from, and 1 coloured shirt of my club(blue with red...)
I could play as Argentina, Oundle CC,VCC, so many clubs to pick :cool:
I could also turn up in that colored shirt plus blue pants
haha
Trousers. Not tolerating that Americanism. :p

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Presumably you would be playing coloured shirts with a red ball though. Can't see the point TBH, you may as well just wear whites.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Unless someone can procure a white ball, black stumps and a temporary black sightscreen... not to mention black Umpire's clothing an an oppo strip of colours...

Makes no sense IMO to play in colours.

Matteh

Unless someone can procure a white ball, black stumps and a temporary black sightscreen... not to mention black Umpire's clothing an an oppo strip of colours...

Makes no sense IMO to play in colours.
I've got all those things at home! Colours it is. :happy:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
TBH, generally it's easier to pick up a white ball than a red one when there is no sightscreen. And for a long time, we played with a white ball and creams in our OD competition, and there weren't many complaints about not picking the ball up.

Matteh

Left handers and sightscreens, jeez so annoying. Hate getting put on sightscreen moving duty.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
As I say - nowhere is a problem for me provided you've got the directions.

Would be good to get a confirmation, on that note, of exactly who I'm taking?

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As things stand, those of us going from the South West will be me, you, Rich H - plus whoever needs picking up off the M5.

Loony BoB

International Captain
I hate it when threads started in 2005 say "2007" on them and then don't clarify on whether the first post was for a 2005 meetup or if it's for a 2007 one. :p How am I meant to know which page of a 46-page thread to look at in order to find out the info about the 2007 meetup? Just a thought. :)

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I hate it when threads started in 2005 say "2007" on them and then don't clarify on whether the first post was for a 2005 meetup or if it's for a 2007 one. :p How am I meant to know which page of a 46-page thread to look at in order to find out the info about the 2007 meetup? Just a thought. :)
Logically the last one.