• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW English Meet-Up

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
ARE WE GETTING ANYWHERE YET?????

Neil seems to have been absent and given that no-one else can possibly do anything useful that means things have stagnated.

Time and time and time waits for no-one... sooner we get things sorted 4certs the better...
Bit hard to organise things from Norway. :p

PY

International Coach
Warm mean utterly different things when you're talking about Sydney in summertime and the UK in winter I'd imagine. :p

And it's worse up here by a good few degrees. Though today, I agree it was pretty darn nice and warm, only the one jumper under my coat and single footy shirt for my game at uni. :cool2:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Christ Dicko it's January. Something will happen somewhere in the Midlands on that date. I guarantee it.
I thought you were supposed to be a good organisor?

That attitude is precisely the anthesis.

If you want something to happen you have to make it happen.

A new suggestion: is a game of cricket to be played by us an ABSOLUTE MUST?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Bit hard to organise things from Norway. :p
A poor excuse if ever I heard one... :dry:

"Dear Mr IOwnACricketClubInThePerfectLocation,

My name's Hakon Moerk, I'm a long-time member of the CricketWeb.net forum community, I actually live in Norway but as I'm good at this sort of thing it's fallen to me to arrange a game. I don't know a thing about the geography of the area and I've never had the pleasure of playing a game of cricket before but I sure can stick a pin in a map and you are the lucky recipient.

YS, HM"

Sorry if there are a few incorrect details in there, BTW... :) But you get the gist. ;)

Anna

International Vice-Captain
I can book a net (or however many we need) at Edgbaston at any time, you only need ask :D I'm sure I'd get discount, seeing as I work there...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well after Tarick's genius there last time I certainly think we need someone else to take the responsibility next time we want a net booked at said ground... ;)

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Even if I had wanted to get much going, there would have been no point doing anything before this weekend as it was not possible before the Worcestershire Sunday League fixtures were published. I had no intention of boring you with this useless rubbish but seeing as some people don't shut up otherwise then I have to.

When teaching practice finishes on Friday and I get my life back I will make alternative enquiries.

The Baconator

Aside from the game, anyone fancy a smaller meet-up? I was thinking I might head down to one or two of the tour games in the summer, not like I'll have anything better to do. Would anyone (probably Midlands) be up for it?

Jungle Jumbo

Maybe, after exams. I'll be (hopefully) going to a fair bit of county and minor-county stuff, so I might be able to make something.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Aside from the game, anyone fancy a smaller meet-up? I was thinking I might head down to one or two of the tour games in the summer, not like I'll have anything better to do. Would anyone (probably Midlands) be up for it?
Anything of that sort would rarely be a problem for me long as I have decent notice - and can transport up to 4 from Exeter in a line to wherever the destination is.

Would be interesting to meet JJ...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Which tour games are you thinking of?

In terms of accessability, Edgbaston is a good ground to get to :)