• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW English Meet-Up

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Nath, when you go to your cricket club, they'll usually set you up with kit.

Unless you mean you won't be able to take your kit from where you're staying in England to the meet-up.

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Got a Youth Travel card today. Should take 1/3 off rail prices. :)
It'll still cost a small fortune :( I was looking into getting from Birmingham to Norwich in a couple of weeks & that'd cost £40 with a railcard :dry: Considering I'd earn about £45 if I worked that night, I'm not sure I'll go....

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's cheaper if you split the journey up.

I'm doing Bangor - London in early feb. 1 Ticket for Bangor - London would be £45 but getting 2 Tickets for Bangor - Birmingham and Birmingham - London costs me £30.
Insane system.

_TiGeR-ToWn_

U19 Debutant
Will be buying the largest cricket bag I can possibly find. Will take with me bat, helmet, box and whites. My old lady is going over to visit family in early April so she said she would cart over some of my cricket gear, pretty lucky. Will buy pads, gloves and another bat upon arrival.

Seeing has I have been offered free accomadation, free food and only have to look after their 3 soon to be 4 children I now have 40-50 quid at least extra per week to spend on booze, more booze and travel to places to booze.

We should have an international vs english CW XI's. Take you down.

Out of interest Nnanden, what sort of offer did you get from your cricket club (accomadation, flights, job etc) and where abouts you heading?

Anna

Argh, I don't know whether to spend a very small amount of money to watch Warks v Som on June 22nd or spend money that I can't afford on going to Pilton....hmmm......

Anna

I'll have to decide by the end of feb...cos if i'm going to Pilton, I'll have to fill in an application form within the month of feb, before the tickets go on sale at the beginning of April. Argh.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
ARE WE GETTING ANYWHERE YET?????

Neil seems to have been absent and given that no-one else can possibly do anything useful that means things have stagnated.

Time and time and time waits for no-one... sooner we get things sorted 4certs the better...

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Well, I hope nobody's looking at me for organisational skills, I've got 9 months in Canada to organise. :p Besides, there's an outside chance I might not be able to make it anyway if either work or travel gets in the way.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well, I hope nobody's looking at me for organisational skills, I've got 9 months in Canada to organise. :p Besides, there's an outside chance I might not be able to make it anyway if either work or travel gets in the way.
I finally bothered to sort out my year abroad stuff. Semester 1 in Innsbruck and Semester 2 in Vienna. :cool:

I'd also like to upgrade my batting to 'low order/tail' tbh.

Langeveldt

Soutie
ARE WE GETTING ANYWHERE YET?????

Neil seems to have been absent and given that no-one else can possibly do anything useful that means things have stagnated.

Time and time and time waits for no-one... sooner we get things sorted 4certs the better...
I'm up for something more impromptu if this falls apart.. You've all got my MSN, I'm in England in July.. Most of us are in the South/South West.. We can organize something smaller scale I'm sure without too many problems..