• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW English Meet-Up

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Well sorry to hear about the stress and sorry to hear about the CW-being-dire-and-you-getting-coat.

I share your pain where England's fortunes is concerned, though!
I think the England being dire and CW being dire are linked, TBH. Every time England lose there's an influx of random trolls into all the match threads, making actual debate either impossible or very annoying. OT > CC ATM.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well I don't visit the match-threads often enough to note the random-dumbaesses who make such clever comments, but I sympathise with you.

Don't let 'em get ya down!

You're one of the good guys on here, and for a few idiots to ruin it for you just ain't right. 8-)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Lack of punctuation did it.
More misplacement of one single piece of punctuation. :)
Time to look around again i reckon.
I'll see if I can have a quick scout around for a suggestion or two... not that I'd dream of usurping the lead-organisation role which Our Esteemed Ginger One has held for so long...

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Well I don't visit the match-threads often enough to note the random-dumbaesses who make such clever comments, but I sympathise with you.

Don't let 'em get ya down!

You're one of the good guys on here, and for a few idiots to ruin it for you just ain't right. 8-)
Matt is a good guy :woot:

right, Neil Cookley is a no...
Haha, thanks fellas. I'll keep my CW-related chin up. :)

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Here's one brief suggestion, nothing more, may have already been discussed and dismissed...

EDIT: map
If you're going to head out that way, then Southam are an option. Played them before on a Sunday and they seemed to have a pretty solid standard, with mostly guys and i think maybe 1/2 kids making up the numbers.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
If you're going to head out that way, then Southam are an option. Played them before on a Sunday and they seemed to have a pretty solid standard, with mostly guys and i think maybe 1/2 kids making up the numbers.
Getting better and better IMO.

pasag

RTDAS
I think the England being dire and CW being dire are linked, TBH. Every time England lose there's an influx of random trolls into all the match threads, making actual debate either impossible or very annoying. OT > CC ATM.
I was just thinking the opposite tbh. If you put all the trolls and retards on ignore, which I do, CC for the first time since I've been here is better than OT, which seems to have become quite boring of late.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Not anywhere near enough room for most of my cricket stuff, which sucks. Will probably only be able to bring whites, box and gloves. Possible to scab others off yourselves?

PY

International Coach
Haha, yeah I'm sure a bit of communal use will be possible for people who have to adhere to baggage limits.

If I have a car then I can bring a couple of sets of everything.