• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Simon Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swervy

International Captain
That's extremely hypocritical of you, you've told me off countless hundreds of times as you said I was showing disrespect by doing exactly that.
Someone saying 'You are talking bollocks' is completely different to someone saying 'eff off, no one wants you here blah blah'. Its the difference between saying someone is saying stupid things, or saying that someone is stupid.

One is a comment about your behaviour (albeit not particularly polite), or what you say, the other is a personal insult.

I find it insulting when you say someone is stupid or a fool for having an opinion different to yours....I dont have a problem with you saying 'what you have just said makes you look foolish'...its subtle, but the the difference in message is huge. Its the main reason I find you very condesending sometimes.

Swervy

International Captain
Sorry SS. :(. and it won't happen again. I'm not usually that sort of person (if you knew me0 to go around throwing insults. I apologise to Swervy and Scaly and hope the matter is sorted.
really, no need to apologise to me about it. One of those things!!!!!

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
I felt I needed to tbh because I could see a few people were (rightly) upset with my personal attack on Scaly. I don't particullary like the guy's posting style but I know now that there was no need to swear or personally insult him.

Swervy

International Captain
I felt I needed to tbh because I could see a few people were (rightly) upset with my personal attack on Scaly. I don't particullary like the guy's posting style but I know now that there was no need to swear or personally insult him.
you live and learn!!!:)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Someone saying 'You are talking bollocks' is completely different to someone saying 'eff off, no one wants you here blah blah'. Its the difference between saying someone is saying stupid things, or saying that someone is stupid.

One is a comment about your behaviour (albeit not particularly polite), or what you say, the other is a personal insult.

I find it insulting when you say someone is stupid or a fool for having an opinion different to yours....I dont have a problem with you saying 'what you have just said makes you look foolish'...its subtle, but the the difference in message is huge. Its the main reason I find you very condesending sometimes.
I disagree, they're both equally condescending IMO. I've made an extremely concerted effort to do that less since you mentioned it on the most recent occasion, having often written such a thing without really thinking, and often aimed at people who I like and respect greatly. It's far too much to expect *certain people* to do likewise, of course, partly because respect is almost a foreign concept to them.

Obviously, saying "you're a ****" or "you're a loser" is totally different to either and is quite clearly prohibited by forum rules. Saying "**** off" actually isn't, though, Voltman said it to me a fair few times and was never censured.

FBU

International Debutant
So Jones is still not playing. I think his upper body is too muscular for a bowler. Even Watson is now trying to change his body shape and become more slender to prevent injuries. Much of Jones speed comes from those big shoulders and it's not a body that will last for 25 Tests. He must have one of the most casual run ups ever for someone who releases the ball in the 90s.

Then we have Mahmood who has the right body and can bowl at 95mph but doesn't understand what bowling is all about. On a fast bouncy wicket he bowls his slower balls. In fact he bowls more slower balls than faster ones. Doesn't have a bowling plan, just tries whatever comes into his mind when he reaches his run up.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It's the Award for "most bizarre and totally out-of-place post". :) Wasn't being entirely serious, BTW, but your post, relating to the original topic, was rather out-of-place coming when it did.

Status
Not open for further replies.