• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Simon Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Allright I was a bit OTT but Scaly really does piss me off big time tbh. He's the one who gets off scotch free while others take the blame for voicing their opinion on him.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why don't you do all of us a favour and **** off ?. No one really want's to listen to your completely biased Durham view point. The only one hijacking a thread is you and it makes you look even more of a **** (if that's possible).
And you're trying to become a mod?!?

Try and derail this into some sort of exchange of insults if you like, but you and Richard haven't a leg to stand on here.

Swervy

International Captain
Allright I was a bit OTT but Scaly really does piss me off big time tbh. He's the one who gets off scotch free while others take the blame for voicing their opinion on him.

no, it wasnt a bit OTT, it was way way out of order

Swervy

International Captain
Haha, mate, I agree with your sentiments but that's not really the wisest thing to say, TBH. Can't see the Mods being best pleased there.
...and you should know better. You laugh and then actually use language which basically endorses the abuse, and then try to throw the scent off you by saying Mods won't be happy...why not actually say 1) nothing, or 2) say what it actually was, and that is out of order.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
it was way way out of order
Your joking right?. It may have came across as aggressive but the way Scaly behaves is far worse than myself. Seeing as most of his posts are digs at Richard then I don't see why I'm getting all the flak here. I got a bit heated but Scaly's post really did irritate the hell out of me.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
...and you should know better. You laugh and then actually use language which basically endorses the abuse, and then try to throw the scent off you by saying Mods won't be happy...why not actually say 1) nothing, or 2) say what it actually was, and that is out of order.
Haha, the "abuse". This is obviously refering to what Scaly is suffering at the hands of me.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha, this is getting quite ludicrous. I'm getting portrayed as the bad guy and Scaly the "victim" when I've probably said what most people on this forum think.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You're getting portrayed as it by Swervy. For some completely and totally inexplicable reason he seems to have a liking for portraying old Beevs as the poor picked-on victim. 8-)

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Why don't you do all of us a favour and **** off ?. No one really want's to listen to your completely biased Durham view point. The only one hijacking a thread is you and it makes you look even more of a **** (if that's possible).
Completely unacceptable. Don't do it again.

Swervy

International Captain
Haha, the "abuse". This is obviously refering to what Scaly is suffering at the hands of me.
as far as I can see 'Why don't you do all of us a favour and **** off ?. No one really want's to listen to your completely biased Durham view point. The only one hijacking a thread is you and it makes you look even more of a **** (if that's possible).' is abuse.

If you said that to someone in the street you would expect to get your block knocked off.

I had a similar discussion a couple of months back regarding this type of stuff, when I was on the receiving end of some particularly barbed comments (gladly resolved..I hope!!!), and its not on.

We all know that Scaly and Richard isnt a combination that mixes in harmony in anyway, but you will note that Scaly didnt actually make a personal jibe at Richard a few posts back, only a jibe at what Richard was saying...its a completely different thing. We can all guess at what what the motivation behind it was, but it certainly wasnt typed as a personal insult.

What you did was try to make someone feel completely unwanted here, (it wouldnt have worked, as I think Scaly has probably thicker skin than even Richard) and actually make out that you were speaking for everyone on here. Trust me, you werent speaking for everyone.

Sorry, but this is a pet gripe of mine on this forum. No matter what the difference of opinion is, that kind of talk is not on.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You're getting portrayed as it by Swervy. For some completely and totally inexplicable reason he seems to have a liking for portraying old Beevs as the poor picked-on victim. 8-)
I'm not the one who basically followed another user around on CW who had you on ignore for at least 3 months. If you can't cope with me telling it as it is within the language permitted by this forum then tough, just put me on ignore and get on with your own life. I only took you off ignore so I could defend myself against all this stuff I was seeing second hand.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
So you expect me to say "that was out of order" when everyone knows I'd say such things pretty well whenever he wastes the bandwidth by posting if it didn't contravene forum rules to do so. That'd be hypocritical in the extreme.

I preferred, however, to warm Liam that the Mods wouldn't be happy. That's the truth of the matter, regardless of what I think about it.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'm not the one who basically followed another user around on CW who had you on ignore for at least 3 months. If you can't cope with me telling it as it is within the language permitted by this forum then tough.
Haha, 3 months. You know perfectly well that you put me on <ignore> about 3 days after you first posted on CW. And I also know that you bang-on about ignoring people virtually non-stop, so I took the piss out of it for a little while.

Swervy

International Captain
no, I just don't like that type of thing on here.

The fella has never done me any harm, but then again, in discussion , our paths have hardly crossed.

As I say, considering you are seen as a more senior member on this forum, I don't think its particularly on that you seem to endorse this type of stuff.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
but you will note that Scaly didnt actually make a personal jibe at Richard a few posts back, only a jibe at what Richard was saying...its a completely different thing. We can all guess at what what the motivation behind it was, but it certainly wasnt typed as a personal insult.
That's extremely hypocritical of you, you've told me off countless hundreds of times as you said I was showing disrespect by doing exactly that.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
no, I just don't like that type of thing on here.

The fella has never done me any harm, but then again, in discussion , our paths have hardly crossed.

As I say, considering you are seen as a more senior member on this forum, I don't think its particularly on that you seem to endorse this type of stuff.
You've defended him, several times over a lengthy timespan, as if he was your brother, or had never put a foot wrong on this place - when he has, many times, and is widely disliked by a multitude of people for a multitude of reasons.

Swervy

International Captain
So you expect me to say "that was out of order" when everyone knows I'd say such things pretty well whenever he wastes the bandwidth by posting if it didn't contravene forum rules to do so. That'd be hypocritical in the extreme.

I preferred, however, to warm Liam that the Mods wouldn't be happy. That's the truth of the matter, regardless of what I think about it.
Yeah, say its out of order, and then follow your own example and don't do it yourself...seems like the best way to go about things.

No what you actually did Richard was totally align yourself with what he said, and then state the obvious that the mods wouldn't like it, so it looks like you have done your 'duty' as a responsible forum member, which smacks of hypocracy a lot more IMO

Anyway..all done and dusted....

So then...Harmison....

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah, say its out of order, and then follow your own example and don't do it yourself...seems like the best way to go about things.

No what you actually did Richard was totally align yourself with what he said, and then state the obvious that the mods wouldn't like it, so it looks like you have done your 'duty' as a responsible forum member, which smacks of hypocracy a lot more IMO
I had absolutely no intention whatsoever of "making it look like I'd done my duty as a responsible forum member", I had intention only of telling Liam that he'd be in trouble for saying that (and Manan has since confirmed). I actually said moreorless the exact same thing about Sanz not so long ago... funny thing, no-one high up actually seemed to find much wrong with what I was saying there, either.
So then...Harmison....
No, no, no, can't have him being discussed, that'd be me ruining a thread by saying the same old stuff which never has an ounce of truth over again (note heavy sarcasm).

Status
Not open for further replies.