• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Windies Team Discussion, and Other Related Things Thread

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How will our test team look for the tour of England?

1. Kraigg (c)
2. Tage or Mikyle Louis
3. Kirk or Imlach
4. Athanaze
5. Hodge
6. Da Silva +
7. Holder
8. Motie
9. Roach
10. Shamar
11. Seales

I can’t remember the name of the other Bajan opener right now, but he gets a go as well.

SillyCowCorner1

21 years ago:

I recall the chase as if it were yesterday, particularly the 4th and 5th days—a younger me in high school, surrounded by other cricket-enthusiastic students. The optimism was indescribable as two of my country's greatest players at the time hit centuries in pursuit of 418.

But there was an ugly incident that got sandwiched in between-- McGrath v Sarwan

1715609462564.png

McGrath- “What does Brian Lara’s c*ck taste like?” Sarwan - “I don’t know. Ask your wife.” McGrath - “If you f**king mention my wife again, I’ll f**king rip your f**king throat out.”

Years later, McGrath reflected, "The memory of the incident wouldn't fade. The disparity in our sizes was stark. I reached out to Sarwan, who was very understanding. He wasn't aware that Jane was ill and he apologized, but I insisted that I was the one who should apologize."

No punishment was meted out for this incident. Both parties were exonerated by the match referee, Mike Procter.

Test cricket elicits deep-seated emotions and brings out the best in us as well. That's the beauty of this game.

SillyCowCorner1

Seales and Roach are lighting up the county scene right now, meanwhile our other two pacers are in India warming the benches…maybe that’s a good thing— to not feel demotivated by the disparity (licks) that bat is doing to ball right now.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
How will our test team look for the tour of England?

1. Kraigg (c)
2. Tage or Mikyle Louis
3. Kirk or Imlach
4. Athanaze
5. Hodge
6. Da Silva +
7. Holder
8. Motie
9. Roach
10. Shamar
11. Seales

I can’t remember the name of the other Bajan opener right now, but he gets a go as well.
Alternative side if they don't want to play a spinner (which let's face it they are fond of doing)....

Kraigg
Tage/Louis
McKenzie
Athanaze
Hodge
Imlach/King/Wickham
Da Silva (WK)
Holder
Roach
Shamar
Seales

They could also consider Alzarri for the 6th batter and move everyone one up.

SillyCowCorner1

Alternative side if they don't want to play a spinner (which let's face it they are fond of doing)....

Kraigg
Tage/Louis
McKenzie
Athanaze
Hodge
Imlach/King/Wickham
Da Silva (WK)
Holder
Roach
Shamar
Seales

They could also consider Alzarri for the 6th batter and move everyone one up.
Either we go long batting order or long tail. No in between.
I wouldn’t be surprised if they pick Thanos in front of Motie.

SillyCowCorner1

News outta the training camp for the T20 WC is that Evin Lewis is there with them. He might be a wildcard pick. I know that we’ve already announced our squad…but one can hope…