• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is Asia's sixth greatest cricketer?

6th Best Asian Cricketer

• Total voters

capt_Luffy

International Regular
You are jumping half-way though the convo, but let's get back to the issue.

Who is Asia's 6th greatest cricketer means [for me] who is the next most likely Asian cricketer to make an AT XI after the big 5. That is surely the crux of the question.
Not sure that how it works.... Imran is a Top 5 cricketer, but he isn't more likely to make ATG World XI than Gilchrist.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
But that point wasn't made in a vacuum.
lol I read the whole lead up to the convo before I posted. Why do you have such a problem with me saying we’re talking about careers and not peaks?

All I did was explain that any of the rest of us are talking about careers when comparing peaks, whilst you specifically mentioned peaks as to why you rate Shoaib and Gillespie over Kapil.

capt_Luffy

International Regular
If you care to present a different 1 line summary of the Q at hand, please do.
The player to play Test cricket for an Asian nation with the 6th best Test career after Imran, Sachin, Murali, Wasim and Gavaskar..... It's pretty simple really. Don't really need to make an arbitrary team and see whether they fit or not.

number11

State 12th Man
The player to play Test cricket for an Asian nation with the 6th best Test career after Imran, Sachin, Murali, Wasim and Gavaskar..... It's pretty simple really. Don't really need to make an arbitrary team and see whether they fit or not.
It's a matter of how we consider greatest. I consider it in the broadest context - a global context. In the simpler terms you present, I'd probably vote for Sanga. In my context, I'd probably vote for Waqar.

number11

State 12th Man
lol I read the whole lead up to the convo before I posted. Why do you have such a problem with me saying we’re talking about careers and not peaks?

All I did was explain that any of the rest of us are talking about careers when comparing peaks, whilst you specifically mentioned peaks as to why you rate Shoaib and Gillespie over Kapil.
I don't. Any such issue is in your mind, mate.

capt_Luffy

International Regular
It's a matter of how we consider greatest. I consider it in the broadest context - a global context. In the simpler terms you present, I'd probably vote for Sanga. In my context, I'd probably vote for Waqar.
I don't necessarily think that a global context means making an ATG Asian team really....