• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL 2024

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Doubt Kohli bats the way he has been doing if Gavaskar and co didn’t criticise him. Good work from the comms. Lit a fire.
TBF he also made the point about the impact sub rule making him realize that there is a batsman batting at 8, so he can go harder. Think we may see the regular Virat in the WC. But hopefully only when needed. If the pitch is flat, hope he bats the same way and takes on the bowling and just unlocks the shots he has. And play a few sweeps and cuts as well.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
TBF he also made the point about the impact sub rule making him realize that there is a batsman batting at 8, so he can go harder. Think we may see the regular Virat in the WC. But hopefully only when needed. If the pitch is flat, hope he bats the same way and takes on the bowling and just unlocks the shots he has. And play a few sweeps and cuts as well.
Yeah the biggest difference will be that he’s not opening, so won’t always have the benefit of the powerplay and clear mindedness to just go hard.

Spark

Global Moderator
have you ever done a long post about this i could read? i’ve seen you mention it a couple times but i’ve never seen the source material
I've never done a long post no but it feels like I complained about it every other BBL again for the last three years lmao. Tonight was a decent example, as soon as it got down to 11 off 5 the big risk was that Dhoni got out and the new batsman struggled to get off strike. Suddenly 11 off 5, which is pretty manageable, is 11 off 3 and an entirely different proposition. But in general, teams are very bad at evaluating when it's better to have the set batsman "in the zone" on strike as much as possible even if it makes you don't "take every single run on offer".

Shady Slim

International Coach
I've never done a long post no but it feels like I complained about it every other BBL again for the last three years lmao. Tonight was a decent example, as soon as it got down to 11 off 5 the big risk was that Dhoni got out and the new batsman struggled to get off strike. Suddenly 11 off 5, which is pretty manageable, is 11 off 3 and an entirely different proposition. But in general, teams are very bad at evaluating when it's better to have the set batsman "in the zone" on strike as much as possible even if it makes you don't "take every single run on offer".
yeah i have definitely seen your posts in bbl threads but i’ve never known if your theory was they turn a single down too much or they take too many

Spark

Global Moderator
yeah i have definitely seen your posts in bbl threads but i’ve never known if your theory was they turn a single down too much or they take too many
The ones that really piss me off is when like a #9 takes the single off 18.6, ensuring that the set batsman isn't on strike for the start of the last over

Arachnodouche

International Captain
When was the last time we saw a pitch take significantly more turn after a rain delay? A taste of a truly old-school sticky dog until the ball got wet and the pitch really dried, maybe?
Yeah really introduced a dynamic element in the mix. RCB owe their qualification to how Kohli and Faf handled those conditions. No way a less experienced pair would have survived that phase.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Been pathetic from RR. Deservedly shoved down to 3. RCB will fancy their chances of making it to the second qualifier now.

Last edited: