• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

My honest review of the Ashes

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Burgey

7 for Joe Root? GAGF morgie. Gets at least an 8
I dunno about that. He pissed away a lot of starts for the bloke who’s obviously the best player in the side. Like if Duckett has his number I’d kind of agree but just expect more fr the likes of Root and Smith

danzydab

U19 12th Man
England will be very disappointed to not have won the series, but they have proven that they can fight back and win matches in tough situations

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
All this 'Anderson and Boland deserve the same' talk is nonsense

One didn't take wickets, was way off his best and in some ways worryingly so, but was still the joint most economical bowler in the series
The other bowled so expensively that some of his runs are still being counted.

loterry1994

International Debutant
All this 'Anderson and Boland deserve the same' talk is nonsense

One didn't take wickets, was way off his best and in some ways worryingly so, but was still the joint most economical bowler in the series
The other bowled so expensively that some of his runs are still being counted.
nah jimmy was bad. Australia played him exactly how they wanted to play him in my opinion.To just see him off and not give him much wicket chances he was as ineffective as I’ve ever seen him with the new ball. And coming out about the flatter pitches was embarrassing even for him. One guys got over 150 tests and the other blokes got like 10 tests

Boland didn’t even keep his spot and played like 2 tests while they stayed loyal to jimmy and he didn’t bowl one good innings. Stokes tried his best to bring back Jimmy in once another bowler got the wicket and he couldn’t do much

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Oooooh bit lippy now you managed a series draw
Don’t make me dig all your posts about how Cummins will be scared of Crawley and Duckett! Turned out your sarcasm was prophetic as your captain cowered away at first change hoping Starc would get our deadly openers out

Burgey

Don’t ever doubt Cummins’ ticker. Six tests in eight weeks is the sort of work load your blokes would **** themselves over

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
So another Ashes series has come and gone and as all of us England supporters knew, the Aussies wouldn't be able to cope with Bazball.

We carted their much heralded attack to all parts at about 5 an over and but for their snide running out of YJB, the rain in Manchester and their general skullduggery, the little Urn would have been returned to its natural home.

Thinking about it a bit more, after a drawn series neither team actually should hold the Ashes, so all this retained the Ashes nonsense, is just that - nonsense.

The Ashes then are half ours 🤝

Burgey

So another Ashes series has come and gone and as all of us England supporters knew, the Aussies wouldn't be able to cope with Bazball.

We carted their much heralded attack to all parts at about 5 an over and but for their snide running out of YJB, the rain in Manchester and their general skullduggery, the little Urn would have been returned to its natural home.

Thinking about it a bit more, after a drawn series neither team actually should hold the Ashes, so all this retained the Ashes nonsense, is just that - nonsense.

The Ashes then are half ours 🤝
1690926952207.png

Skipper Pup

U19 Debutant
Carey grandkids: wow, pop, and that meant you won the series?
Carey: no, kids, we drew in the end cause after that the English battered us for three matches straight but thanks to rain, we Retained The Ashes!
Carey grandkids: [staring out at the sand-strewn streets of Adelaide] rain? What's rain, pop?
It's a stumping because you can only be run out if you're trying to complete a run, which Bairstow obviously wasn't.
The amount of salt between both these responses would be enough to season a Sunday lamb roast.

Don't cope too hard.