• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Martin Crowe vs Gordon Greenidge

Who is the better test batsman?

• Total voters

capt_Luffy

International Captain
I think it's an extremely close comparison.... Might just lean towards Crowe for his rep, performance against Windies and the fact that he played in a pretty mid batting line-up

kyear2

International Coach
This one is close, but Greenidge has the opener tax and my first ever favorite player, so......

Slifer

International Captain
I feel the same way about comparing openers and middle order batsmen as I do pacemen and spinners ie the two shouldn't be compared. Opening is a specialty and imo, is the hardest batting position. That being said, I'm biased so I'm going with Cuthbert