• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I recently downloaded FM24 which is a considerable upgrade on FM19.

Though it still suffers from some idiosyncrasies.

I'm playing as Ringwood Town (!) and I'm currently in the Wessex Premier (level 9). I lucked through to the FA Cup third round by drawing teams as bad as me and then defeating Burton Albion with a late penalty in a replay.

In the league match against 19th placed Devizes Town, I got hammered 3-2 (they should have won by more). Then, I'm away at the Kassam Stadium against Oxford who are 22nd placed in the Championship. I set up ultra-defensive tactics to try and nab a replay.... and win 5 - 1. With a superior xG of 3.64 to 1.81.

I'm not complaining, I just think there's zero chance of a level 9 team beating a Championship team by 4 goals. Sneaking a win with an against the run of play screamer a la Ronnie Radford, maybe.

EDIT: At home to Coventry in the next round. They're 19th in the Championship. Easy win for Ringwood, right?

EDIT 2: And for the CW football fans, Arsenal are currently 6 points clear at the top of the Premier League in this save.

Last edited: