• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - England, Australia, Namibia, Scotland, Oman

Who will qualify from the group?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Socerer 01

International Captain
I'd like to see proof of that. That means sides are generally only 3 wkts down at 15-16 overs for that to be true (looking at his last 10 games Stoinis generally comes in before 7th over)

And yet David who always bats below Stoinis has 6 fifties in 36 innings, while Stoinis has only 2 fifties in 49 innings
no of times Stoinis came in before the 7th over in the last 10 matches for Australia that he batted - 4 times

thats not “generally comes in before 7th over”

proof of what you asked for - https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/e...7;team=8;team=9;template=results;type=batting

the best no 5 batsman internationally in the last 4 years is David Miller, he has just 1 100 more than Stoinis and the same no of 50s. his strike rate for the same duration is 162 at an average of 50, that corresponds to an average knock of 50(31) and of course this isnt the likely situation since you either bat for very less balls or you come into a collapse when you bat at 5. still riding along for the argument, Stoinis has faced 31 balls or above that only 2 times in his international t20 career in 49 matches so with 2 50s he’s doing fine?

looking at others who batted at 5 and had 50+ scores in the last 4 years the only ones who have done that are Raza, Miller, Chapman and Pandya

50 in odis is not the equivalent of 50 in t20s

Socerer 01

International Captain
to put it in another way if you expect 50s from your no 5 then something is seriously wrong with your top order and they’re supposed to be your match winners in t20s most of the time

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah I don't have too many issues with Stoinis in T20s. He had a dirty BBL but he's doing fine this IPL, and he's been good for Australia in these. Not the same discussion as ODIs where he was about as useful as a lump of coal.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, saying the right things in that article by the sounds of it. Surprising for a hyphen. They're usually ****wits.

Qlder

State Vice-Captain
McGurk is pretty well set anyway as he'll be first opener picked after Warner retires next month

Silver Silva

International Debutant
This is not as straightforward group as it seems ..
Expect England and Australia to qualify but don't be surprised if an upset or two occurs ..
I'm hoping Oman can push the Test nations

Qlder

State Vice-Captain
This is not as straightforward group as it seems ..
Expect England and Australia to qualify but don't be surprised if an upset or two occurs ..
I'm hoping Oman can push the Test nations
That would be quite an upset as they've never played any of the main Test teams, never mind Aus and Eng (ICC ranked #2 and #3 T20 teams)

I see Namibia just beat Oman 3-2 in T20 series last month so that should be a close game

Last edited:

Silver Silva

International Debutant
That would be quite an upset as they've never played any of the main Test teams, never mind Aus and Eng (ICC ranked #2 and #3 T20 teams)

I see Namibia just beat Oman 3-2 in T20 series last month so that should be a close game
They have got the attack for these conditions..

Bilal Khan an excellent death bowler , Aquib Ilyas and Zeeshan Maqsood fantastic all rounders..and if Naseem Khushi comes off with the bat it could be chaos.

Qlder

State Vice-Captain
They have got the attack for these conditions..

Bilal Khan an excellent death bowler , Aquib Ilyas and Zeeshan Maqsood fantastic all rounders..and if Naseem Khushi comes off with the bat it could be chaos.
Great that you think they'll bowl well against Warner, Head, Marsh, Maxwell, Stoinis, David and Wade and then bat well against Starc, Hazlewood, Cummins, Zampa, Maxwell and Marsh 😉

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
It'd be great for the growth and globalisation of the game if a few of the big teams were knocked out in the first round itself by some unknown minnows.

Nicky

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Buttler
Salt
Jacks
Bairstow
Brook
Ali
Curran
Rashid
Archer
Wood
Topley

The top 4 hit a century each in the IPL. Brook is a great and exciting talent. A couple of all rounders in Ali and Curran to get the balance of the team right.
Wood and Archer for the speeeeed.
Topley is one of england’s best seamers according to me.
Rashid, Ali and Jacks can deal with the spin.
Great team! :)