• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Boxing thread

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah i would like to see him retire too. I have a feeling Fury will stall around with the rematch and it will drag out another year, and inactivity is a major killer in this late career.

He's already about 5 years past his prime. Peak Usyk was probably the Gassiev fight.

But his team has already talked about carrying on another 2-3 years. If he could clean out the division - beating the Hrgovics, the Parkers, the Kabayels then we're starting to talk not only a p4p GOAT, but an actual heavyweight GOAT.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I reckon he'll retire after the rematch. The only thing thing waiting for him after that (presuming he wins) will be another rematch against the winner of Joshua and Fury, and I don't think he or too many other people will see the point in it.
Hrgovic is still there and a win over Wilder or Zhang or Parker or Kabayel or one or two other top guys would make his run not only a modern great but starting to get into discussions with the top heavyweights in history.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hrgovic is still there and a win over Wilder or Zhang or Parker or Kabayel or one or two other top guys would make his run not only a modern great but starting to get into discussions with the top heavyweights in history.
The IBF might strip him if he doesn’t fight his mandatory (Hrgovic?)

Pretty sure that he had to deal with them before this fight

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
The IBF might strip him if he doesn’t fight his mandatory (Hrgovic?)

Pretty sure that he had to deal with them before this fight
It's likely that the IBF will strip him but it's completely irrelevant now that he's undisputed. He could drop every belt if he wanted to, we all know who the best heavyweight and frankly the best pound for pound fighter is. That is why the sanctioning bodies hate making undisputed fights - it essentially makes them irrelevant.

I am pretty convinced that Fury will **** around and not make the October rematch and try to drag things out. Hopefully Turki will see that and just make the Hrgovic fight. If Usyk beats Hrgovic and someone like Parker/Ruiz/Zhang then there is basically nothing for him to do. Even now there's very little to prove.