• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wicket keeping second team batting ave

Oxslow

Cricket Spectator
I was just wondering what is the highest and lowest wicket keeping youth player second team average people have seen?

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Oxslow said:
I was just wondering what is the highest and lowest wicket keeping youth player second team average people have seen?
My highest is 58 but i recently had another 2 with averages in the 40's - the guy with the 58 ave has played 100 tests and averages over 40 but his second team ave has now dropped below 50

Attachments

Last edited:

Cloete

International Captain
Woah!!! Must be a Lancs thing, I've never had a keeper average of 35 in First Class. My highest second team average has been 68 and he averaged about 32. The lowest I have ever seen is like 3.2 or something.

Cloete

International Captain
bryce said:
the best ive had is 81 but ive seen people with late 80's and even 90's
How did he go playing County cricket? What were his averages..

Also what team is that?

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's a ridiculously good squad - how long did it take to get all those youthies?!

I'm in 2030 now and I've seen two 80+ bats.

bryce

International Regular
just one of my teams i've just been mucking round with, its been carried on from my online team which was number 1 in the world at one stage.
the opening keeper had a couple of average seasons then last season he average 40 in FC and OD cricket so i think he looks alright and the other keeper has had only one season(which he batted 11 in most of the matches becasue of the allrounders) and averaged 29 FC so that wasn't too bad i guess.

Neil, don't tell me a computer genius like you doesn't know how to re-do the contracts?

DJellett

International Debutant
Can you allocate more than $50,000 to any of the 3 disciplines?

eg. Caoching & Physio, Youth Team etc.

bryce

International Regular
just re-doing the contracts, the only real secret is to buy heaps of old players and the more people who retire the more youths you get

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
bryce said:
just one of my teams i've just been mucking round with, its been carried on from my online team which was number 1 in the world at one stage.
the opening keeper had a couple of average seasons then last season he average 40 in FC and OD cricket so i think he looks alright and the other keeper has had only one season(which he batted 11 in most of the matches becasue of the allrounders) and averaged 29 FC so that wasn't too bad i guess.

Neil, don't tell me a computer genius like you doesn't know how to re-do the contracts?
I did, but I'm not a cheat :p

Cloete

International Captain
Bryce.. what I meant was what County team is it with? Because I find you get different types of players with the different counties. At Glamorgan I got great bowlers and good all-rounders, at Surrey I normally got great batsmen and great bowlers. But I've never got a great keeper...

bryce

International Regular
yeah i used to find that aswell but i don't think it is actually so because when the online game was going there was a whole variety of teams that all had a good balance of batsman/bowlers/all-rounders, good keepers are very rare(in my games anyway) but for the record its with yorkshire.