• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why does Pakistan traditionally produce better fast bowlers than India?

rtramdas

U19 12th Man
Why only 131 innings of Kapil against Imran's entire career?
In fact, its Imran who changed from Bowler to Batsman after 71 tests.

Funny, all Imran fans think mixing his 2 phases as a cricketer is the right way to compare him with other bowling allrounders. Its clearly cheating.
Suppose His ability as batsman when he was an Atg bowler is 5, and in last 17 tests its 10.. They present him as a batsman of ability of 7.
Kapil 7.25 always.
because as we all know in general longevity cause a dip in a player' s stats , even more so with all rounders.

Pap Finn Keighl

International Debutant
because as we all know in general longevity cause a dip in a player' s stats , even more so with all rounders.
I agree, its not fair to penalizing a cricketer for his Extra longevity, 10 or 12yrs of career is good enough rate his greatness. Especially when you compare with a shorter career.
But here Imran and Kapil pretty equal in longevity. Its just, number of matches is less for Imran.

Its make sense when you compare Viv and Sachin, because Sachin played 5 or 6 yrs more.. So just remove those 5yrs for a fair comparison.

rtramdas

U19 12th Man
I agree, its not fair to penalizing a cricketer for his Extra longevity, 10 or 12yrs of career is good enough rate his greatness. Especially when you compare with a shorter career.
But here Imran and Kapil pretty equal in longevity. Its just, number of matches is less for Imran.

Its make sense when you compare Viv and Sachin, because Sachin played 5 or 6 yrs more.. So just remove those 5yrs for a fair comparison.

King Viv is considered a better batsman to Sachin by many people (myself included) despite him scoring only 8540 runs @ 50.23 avg: , one of the prime reasons being his 70.21 str: rate when every other batsmen of his times were striking at mere. 40-45 . This, despite Sachin scoring 13500+ runs @ 59.35 avg: & around 55 str: rate during a major chunk of his career.And Viv never had to face his own bowler group, by far the best bowling unit of his era and perhaps of all time. On the other hand, Kapil from the same era with such huge str: rate of 84.4 to Imran's mere 47.52 is a far more reason for me to place Kapil convincingly over Imran.More over ,against FAB 4 of WI in WI , Imran faltered while Kapil rose to his brilliant best After all we can't have double standards.Isn't it?

Pap Finn Keighl

International Debutant
King Viv is considered a better batsman to Sachin by many people (myself included) despite him scoring only 8540 runs @ 50.23 avg: , one of the prime reasons being his 70.21 str: rate when every other batsmen of his times were striking at mere. 40-45 . This, despite Sachin scoring 13500+ runs @ 59.35 avg: & around 55 str: rate during a major chunk of his career.And Viv never had to face his own bowler group, by far the best bowling unit of his era and perhaps of all time. On the other hand, Kapil from the same era with such huge str: rate of 84.4 to Imran's mere 47.52 is a far more reason for me to place Kapil convincingly over Imran.More over ,against FAB 4 of WI in WI , Imran faltered while Kapil rose to his brilliant best After all we can't have double standards.Isn't it?
I dont have problems with someone rating Viv ahead of Sachin, Sobers, Gavaskar or Lara. But Viv and Sachin comparison is not same as Imran and Kapil.
And I was thinking about Odis when I made that comment. I dont think Sachin or Viv clearly better than the other in either format, but the comparisons always happens with entire career stats.. Which is unfair to Sachin.
Viv had a pretty long career of 16 or 17 yrs. It was his best period..thats why he was playing in international level.
Now to compare, Take Sachin's best stretch of 16-17yrs plus give him extra points for additional years.

Engle

State Vice-Captain
When you're batting # 6, 7 or 8 - what do you think your batting responsibility is ?

Flail away, OR
Shepherd the tail

Bolo

State Captain
When you're batting # 6, 7 or 8 - what do you think your batting responsibility is ?

Flail away, OR
Shepherd the tail
To score runs before the tail goes out. You can do this by shepherding the tail or by flailing away.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
A match the India lost heavily anyway? And in a situation where it might very well have been advantageous for India to follow on and thus keep the England bowlers out in the field after an already long innings, rather than letting them come back fresh and knock India over easily in the end. Not following on might have extinguished India's chances of a draw in that match when combined with their inability to restrain the run rate of the English batsmen.

Your obsession with six hitting and high strike rates is ridiculous. It's not required most of the time and bringing up an example of where it failed to save or win a match anyway isn't brilliant.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Using the logic in this thread, If Kapil was a better batsman than Imran then Gilchrist was a much better batsman than Sachin

Pap Finn Keighl

International Debutant
A match the India lost heavily anyway? And in a situation where it might very well have been advantageous for India to follow on and thus keep the England bowlers out in the field after an already long innings, rather than letting them come back fresh and knock India over easily in the end. Not following on might have extinguished India's chances of a draw in that match when combined with their inability to restrain the run rate of the English batsmen.

Your obsession with six hitting and high strike rates is ridiculous. It's not required most of the time and bringing up an example of where it failed to save or win a match anyway isn't brilliant.
Nice Try.
Need of the moment was 24 runs

Pap Finn Keighl

International Debutant
Using the logic in this thread, If Kapil was a better batsman than Imran then Gilchrist was a much better batsman than Sachin
How?
Lets forget.. Era differences, Longevity, century ratio, 50/innings, team strength.. Etc etc etc..
Still
Sachin scores 8 runs more per innings.

Gilly has Strike Rate, Imran Avg
Suddenly they are better than Sachin and Kapil. Which is far from reality.