• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why does Pakistan traditionally produce better fast bowlers than India?

Migara

International Coach
ok ...you are entitled to your opinion. Also I would assume that it is ok for you too to estimate a chronic ball tamperor in the same regard as you once used to , despite him being severely exposed from various quarters.
Kapil, Prabhakar co was found tampering the ball in 1993/4 SL series. Sadly no one was pulled up.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
And Kapil Scored more actual runs per innings than Imran the bowling allrounder.

Strike rate is there, six hitting ability is there, atg performances are there.. Above all He scored Actual Runs.
Imran scored actual runs, and at a far better average (when coming in earlier in the order). Literally the only thing Kapil has over Imran is strike rate which in a 5 day Test is the most irrelevant measure of comparison.

You cannot just ignore the matches where Imran batted but didn't bowl because they are an indication of his batting ability (and it's surely another indication of Imran's superiority that they wanted him to play even though he couldn't bowl?)

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Kapil, Prabhakar co was found tampering the ball in 1993/4 SL series. Sadly no one was pulled up.
I saw an article recently in some Indian newspaper where John Holder claimed that while umpiring in the '89 Pakistan/India series he saw both teams, and Imran, Wasim, Kapil and Prabhakar in particular, quite openly scratching scratching the ball. Also England at the Oval in '91, the season after which he was dropped from the international panel.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
Ah yes, quora, that great bastion of truth

Let me go ask it if Dev or Imran is the better batsman and get back to you all

rtramdas

U19 12th Man
Ah yes, quora, that great bastion of truth

Let me go ask it if Dev or Imran is the better batsman and get back to you all
what common sense is it man ? Do you have it even ??? Quora is only quoting lines from his autobiography as such.So have the least basic sense of giving preference to Sachin's own statements with in quora rather than quora itself.As a matter of basic sense, if you give a google search w.r.t 'Playing it My Way' & 'tampering' you can get info: not only in quora but in other sites too.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
More pointedly, the ICC didn't 'clear' Tendulkar, They just folded under the pressure of the race-baiting BCCI and dropped the charges because politics and 'accepted' his lame excuse.

cnerd123

likes this
I mean there are literally pictures of Sachin tampering with the ball and no concrete evidence of Imran doing it. Yet for some reason Imran's entire bowling career is to be discredited while we simultaneously are to just take Sachins word that he had no idea what he was doing was illegal, ignoring the reason he didn't get charged for it was because the BCCI threatened to boycott the whole tour.

And how this relates to Imran Khan's batting is beyond me. Such junk posting. Keep this stuff to ICF and PC please.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sachin wasn't even charged with ball tampering by the referee iirc. He was just charged for not informing the umpire he was cleaning the ball.