• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why does Pakistan traditionally produce better fast bowlers than India?

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Just going by memory, Aqib was a very good limited overs bowler and can probably challenge Srinath in ODIs.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Aaqib more five-fors, Srinath significantly better average, more wickets a match.

Aaqib wins on age-lying though.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Aaqib Javed was a handsome bloke with beautiful hair.

Annoying habit of taking hattricks against India, though.

Borges

International Regular
If you really want to get his goat (and simultaneously get into the good books of the Australian Miyagi), say: Warne is better than Murali.

rtramdas

U19 12th Man
still baffles me as to how game loving fans who believe in ethics and fair play can treat the credentials of this chronic ball tamperor Imran as legitimate. I simply can't . Once I used to adore him madly in my teen days.Now it is just the opposite. He was by far the best exponent of this dirty trick. Now when ever I think of his 'greatness', the fate of poor Steven smith comes to mind.That man just acted for the benefit of his bowlers because of him being the captain and got banned for 1 year. So he was given such a harsh punishment for a matter which has nothing to do with his credentials as a great player because of him being a great 'batsman'.I wonder what would have happened to this chronic tamperor Imran had he played in this era.

And even if we neglect this tampering factor, both Kapil and Imran were neck and neck as all rounders .Kapil was a convincingly better test batsman, far better test bowler than his end avg: suggests because of the adversities he faced in the form of work load,lack of support bowling & longevity, better one day all rounder , better all round fielder etc.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
How on earth was Kapil a “convincingly better Test batsman”? Don’t tell me you’re under the same delusion that PFK is suffering from?

flibbertyjibber

still baffles me as to how game loving fans who believe in ethics and fair play can treat the credentials of this chronic ball tamperor Imran as legitimate. I simply can't . Once I used to adore him madly in my teen days.Now it is just the opposite. He was by far the best exponent of this dirty trick. Now when ever I think of his 'greatness', the fate of poor Steven smith comes to mind.That man just acted for the benefit of his bowlers because of him being the captain and got banned for 1 year. So he was given such a harsh punishment for a matter which has nothing to do with his credentials as a great player because of him being a great 'batsman'.I wonder what would have happened to this chronic tamperor Imran had he played in this era.

And even if we neglect this tampering factor, both Kapil and Imran were neck and neck as all rounders .Kapil was a convincingly better test batsman, far better test bowler than his end avg: suggests because of the adversities he faced in the form of work load,lack of support bowling & longevity, better one day all rounder , better all round fielder etc.
You got similar views on well known ball tampering cheat Tendulkar as well?

rtramdas

U19 12th Man
How on earth was Kapil a “convincingly better Test batsman”? Don’t tell me you’re under the same delusion that PFK is suffering from?
it is not delusion but a reality. Imran's avg:ed better, but it is boosted by huge percentage of notouts in far lesser inns(126: 184 in favour of Kapil).In his first 132 inns or so Kapil avg:ed almost 32.5 and put more or less same runs/inns as that of Imran.And Kapil's str: rate was almost 84 to Imran's 47.5 in his first 132 inns.From that 7nth batting position you expect your all rounder to score as much runs as possible in the company of unreliable tail enders rather than boosting your avg: by remaining not outs a lot.And Kapil was by far better in Windies, the GOAT team as a batsman. And Kapil could play some devastating high quality inns in every sense. These all adds up to make Kapil a convincingly better test batsman.If avg: alone is the criteria I would consider Ravindra Jadeja as good a batsman as Kapil because he too avg: almost 30 vs Kapil's 31 with the help of umpteen not outs , but he is far from it in reality.

rtramdas

U19 12th Man
You got similar views on well known ball tampering cheat Tendulkar as well?
Tendulkar was cleared by ICC because of him simply removing dirt from the ball. And for your satisfaction , even if Sachin can be treated as quilty at the worst case, then we can reject all his bowling credentials. But you know Sachin will lose nothing from his credentials as a great batsman.

flibbertyjibber

Tendulkar was cleared by ICC because of him simply removing dirt from the ball. And for your satisfaction , even if Sachin can be treated as quilty at the worst case, then we can reject all his bowling credentials. But you know Sachin will lose nothing from his credentials as a great batsman.
Cleared but given a suspended one match ban. So he was cleared then?

Suck it up boy wonder was a cheat.