• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What if??

Yasir_194

Cricket Spectator
What if India and Pakistan never split into two different countries?What do u guys think the India team would be at this time??

Ferd

U19 Vice-Captain
would Bangladesh also be included in the team? Not that any of their players whould make the team.

Sehwag309

Banned
There would be so much selection on the hands of few people that there would be a possibility that we would have never seen the likes of wasims and tendulakrs

As for a fairytale purpose..it would be nice to see players from both sides in the team (era by era)

Western Warrior

School Boy/Girl Captain
Sehwag309 said:
There would be so much selection on the hands of few people that there would be a possibility that we would have never seen the likes of wasims and tendulakrs

As for a fairytale purpose..it would be nice to see players from both sides in the team (era by era)
Well said. However, you are right. Such a theoretical question can never be answered. If Pakistan and India (and to a lesser degree Bangaldesh) had all remained one country, the likes of Gavaskar, Kahn, Tendulkar, Akram etc might never have been born. So trying to determine what the combined India/Pakistan team would look like today would be an exercise in futility.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
I'm not even gonna try and make what would be their current team, but it would be good if someone else had a go.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
This has been done many times before. Instead of calling it an unpartitioned-India side, lets be politically correcyt and call it a combined India-Pakistan side.

Sehwag
Imran Farhat
Dravid
Tendulkar
Inzemam
Yohanna
Moin
Irfan
Shoaib
Kumle
Harbhajan

I am really tempted to open with Shoiab Malik in place of Imran.

Sudeep

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Or even better, what if we never let either of them get independence? ;)
That might have resulted into England being not able to sport a team... Don't ask for the reasons, but it's true. :p

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Combination of factors, including dragging Bangladesh to the Test table to increase sub-continental power, and the farce of the Denness/Sehwag/Centurion saga.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bouncer said:
Neil Neil, U dont wanna make me Call for Jihad against you in CW, do Yaa? :)
Personally, I don't reckon we should have let any of the other nations gain independence, 16 of the 17 top nations are British ex-colonies except Holland :)

Bouncer

State Regular
Neil Pickup said:
Personally, I don't reckon we should have let any of the other nations gain independence, 16 of the 17 top nations are British ex-colonies except Holland :)

Cant resist, Doesnt this make you guys one heck of a Loser...... :p :p

Choora

State Regular
Neil Pickup said:
Combination of factors, including dragging Bangladesh to the Test table to increase sub-continental power, and the farce of the Denness/Sehwag/Centurion saga.
Yeah i agree on the Bangladesh factor, granting them Test status was one of the most stupid step ever taken by ICC.

viktor

State Vice-Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Imperialist!!