• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Welcome To The 'All Star Cricket Series'

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Hello Cricket Web members,
Welcome to my new PBEM called 'All Star Cricket Series'. Below are the features of the PBEM:
The program that i will use is called Virtual Cricket 4

1. The PBEM will be at International level. The teams will consist of the 'Selected All Stars' from each country.
2. Test temas will include the following countries:
Australia, England, India, New Zealand, Pakistan, South Africa, Sri Lanka, West Indies, Zimbabwe
3. One Day temas will include the following countries:
Australia, England, India, New Zealand, Pakistan, South Africa, Sri Lanka, West Indies, Zimbabwe
4. At the start of season one the managers will recieve a squad of 16 players they will then cut the squad down to 12.
5. The remaining 4 players from each squad will go into a draft and they will be picked in a round by round draft to fill the squads back up to 16.
6. There is a minimum of 1 full time keeper and a maximum of 3. In the one day format there must be atleast 2 all rounders in each squad.
7. At the start of the season a pre-season comp will be run. The comp will be a 20 over slog fest to try out your bowlers and batsmen.
(Don't fear test managers you will get a 4 round mini comp against the teams of your choices)
8. The pre-season comp will be called the 'David Hookes Cup'.
9. After this comp the real competition gets underway. There will be no divisions.
10. The season will consist of 20 rounds in the test and one day 20
11. Finals will be top 5 based. With the top placed team getting a week off and the 2nd playing 3rd and the 4th palying 5th.
12. The winners of both games will progress with the winner of 2nd and 3rd to play the 1st placed team.
13. The winner of the 4th and 5th will play the loser of the 3rd and 2nd game and the loser of the 4th and 5th game will be eliminated.
14. From there the winner of both games progreses to the big Grand Final and ofcourse the wiiner of taht will be crowned the cahmpion.
15. The name of the test trophy will be the 'Bradman Trophy' and the One Day will be the 'Hadlee Trophy'.
16. At the end of the season full stats will be released with teams being crowned with thier respective awards.
17. Stats will also be relaesed on a round by round basis.
18. Once the season is over the teams will get a well deserved 2 week break and then the trade peroid will start.
19. The rules of the trade will be decided as it aproches with votes by the managers on what to have. (after all these games are here to impress the managers)
20. After the trade period 4 players will again be cut. You must cut 4 players no more and no less.
21. The 4 players from each team will go into a draft along with other players who have earned thier rights to get a birth in the All Star Cricket Series.
22. Once all teams have been finalised the pre season will take off again but with a twist each year.

The teams available are:
Australia
England
Pakistan
India
New Zealand
Zimbabwe
Sri Lanka
South Africa
West Indies

To get your hands on your favorite country plz get in quick. To join reply in this thred. Make sure u leave ure name forum name the team that you would like to manage and a back up team and your email adress. eg.

David
Kears_falcon_9
Australia
England
Kears_falcon_9_89@hotmail.com

Best Regards David

Last edited:

ash chaulk

International Captain
sorry im not signing up just checking it out but i wanna point out that Nikhil You have a wacked out new email address bro

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
congrats Wazim and Nikhil u have both got ure first prefarence teams. You will be snet ure squads in the very near future
Sqauds Takem:
Australia
India
Pakistan

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Okay ruben and Mark u have both got the teams u wanted Ruben u get South Africa and Mark u get England. The sqauds will be sent ASAP. Good lukc to u both

Sqauds Taken:
Australia
India
Pakistan
South Africa
England

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
umm sorri i have just relised sumthnig chris u may not have two teams sorri i didnt relisae with the two different user names sorrri i can not give u New Zealand

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Okay boys DJellett u hvae got ure 2nd preferance team in Zimbabwe and Rose Boy u have also got ure 2nd preferance in South Africa. I will send ure sqauds ASAP.

The remaining Sqauds are:
New Zealand
Sri Lanka

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
yeh i was just going to say.. it was because he realized chris had 2 user names and took nz off him at the last moment..

yeh mate id rather have nz swapped with s.a

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Yer sorri mate Chris screwed it up by trying to con me into getting two teams. So i will send u the New Zealand Sqauds ASAP okay and plz just delete the South Africa Sqauds

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
But then he gave rose SA aswell.. so you got 2 people who have SA.

Very Strange

EDIT: Posted at same time as kears, didnt see previous post.

Last edited: