• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Welcome back

NikhilN

International Regular
After a long break the pbem is back.But this time instead we will only have One Day International Cricket.This is how it is going to work...instead of having teams like australia and india we will have a team from each nation named after one of their best ODI players.i.e for india we will have The Tendulkar's and for pakistan we will have the Akram's and that kind.Teams will be picked by me for each manager.Everyone who joins will e-mail me and I will pick a team for them.After that we will have a quick 15 rounds of draft to fill up your team.

I think that explains it...more info to come soon when managers are picked.

Here are the list of teams

The Waugh's
The Hossain's
The Anderson's
The Tendulkar's
The Fleming's
The Akram's
The Donald's
The Muralitharan's
The Walsh's
The Streak's

This is what you do:

You e-mail me that you want to sign up and give me your forum name and a working e-mail.

Do not e-mail me the team you want...I will pick a team for you

E-mail me at ProudIndian25@aol.com

NikhilN

International Regular
marc71178 said:
Hmmm, where have I seen this concept before?
The only thing that makes it look like alfta is the fact I will pick the team...and I dont think you can call thay copying because I am sure there are lots more pbems that do that

NikhilN

International Regular
Wow dont other pbems have draft for all players beside ALFTA? I will be using current players, not all timers

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Actually none had a full draft on here before we did, but don't let the facts ruin a good story.

And International players all mixed around different teams... 8-)

NikhilN

International Regular
You didnt seem to have a prob in my last draft? It is going to be the same way as the last one...and Marc...ITS MY PBEM AND I WILL RUN IT THE WAY I WANT...NOT THE WAY YOU TELL ME TOO

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Proud Indian said:
The only thing that makes it look like alfta is the fact I will pick the team...and I dont think you can call thay copying because I am sure there are lots more pbems that do that
Teams after players hmmm.... *cough*WCC Academy*cough*

NikhilN

International Regular
Ya but I changed the system...that was before I closed down the old pbem so I never promised it...if I would have started the pbem with international teams then you could have gotten zimbabwe

DJellett

International Debutant
Proud Indian said:
Ya but I changed the system...that was before I closed down the old pbem so I never promised it...if I would have started the pbem with international teams then you could have gotten zimbabwe
Oh this is unbelievable....can you PLEASE make your intentions clear and
P.S - DON'T YELL AT USERS PLEASE
Look, the whole WCC concept and even the old PBeM concept won't work in Inteernationals....

nibbs

International Captain
hey Marc, how about shutting up and giving this poor man a chance. You need to stop being some negative and spiteful towards new competitions and IMO, anyone who doesn't have the same opinion as you. If you comply I'm sure this forum will be a happier place because of it

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
nibblet said:
hey Marc, how about shutting up and giving this poor man a chance. You need to stop being some negative and spiteful towards new competitions

This is the first time I've posted about a new competition, so define "stop".

And there are reasons that I did post, which should be clear to most people.

nibbs

International Captain
marc, i'm just saying there is just no need for your use of sarcasm or whatever you call it. wcc was the first yes. however its not that easy to come up with ideas that are completely different with wcc. i'm just saying comments like that aren't entirely necessary in such a situation.

Andre

International Regular
Nikhil4eva said:
You didnt seem to have a prob in my last draft? It is going to be the same way as the last one...and Marc...ITS MY PBEM AND I WILL RUN IT THE WAY I WANT...NOT THE WAY YOU TELL ME TOO
So, basically, you want to run a PBEM for a power trip?