• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Westwood and Poulter talked utter ****e when they joined LIV, if they'd just been honest and said it was for the money they might have held on to some respect. But they didn't. People switched off from them and now they've have become forgotten figures.
Poulter was full of **** as is his wont and I know they all had to mouth some platitudes that their Saudi overlords (probably contractually) made them say, but I thought Westwood also gave an honest appraisal of where his game was at, essentially admitted it was a quick cash-grab as his career was sunsetting...? Maybe I am misremembering it. I do understand why loyal fans could've been still pissed off with him...

Last edited:

Molehill

International Captain
Poulter was full of **** as is his wont and I know they all had to mouth some platitudes that their Saudi overlords (probably contractually) made them say, but I thought Westwood also gave an honest appraisal of where his game was at, essentially admitted it was a quick cash-grab as his career was sunsetting...? Maybe I am misremembering it. I do understand why loyal fans could've been still pissed off with him...
Possibly, although Westwood had had a decent season the year before, challenging at both Bay Hill and The Players. He was at the end of his career, he went for money, I think we all get that.

Back on the PGA Tour, McIlroy's return to the Policy Board has seemingly been blocked by a faction who were opposed because he left it previously. When the likes of Streelman and Hahn start wielding more power than Rory then you know it's got problems. It really does seem to be imploding, LIV must be licking their lips......Rory is definitely the one that would turn the dial and get more watching (myself included potentially).

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Possibly, although Westwood had had a decent season the year before, challenging at both Bay Hill and The Players. He was at the end of his career, he went for money, I think we all get that.

Back on the PGA Tour, McIlroy's return to the Policy Board has seemingly been blocked by a faction who were opposed because he left it previously. When the likes of Streelman and Hahn start wielding more power than Rory then you know it's got problems. It really does seem to be imploding, LIV must be licking their lips......Rory is definitely the one that would turn the dial and get more watching (myself included potentially).
Keeping in mind that the Netflix series was obviously edited, it painted Rory as being quite naive

Monahan basically knifed him in the back and Rory thought they were close

Funny what a 150% pay rise will do to priorities

Now the rumour being floated is that Cantlay controls a board on which Tiger sits and it was his decision not to allow Rory back

Give me a fkn break!

PGAT is playing with fire as Rory is their biggest draw besides Tiger

He’s also a global superstar who plays around the world and is building a massive home outside London because that’s where he eventually wants to settle