• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Test career chain draft II

ataraxia

International Coach
Largely the same as the previous edition.

You pick a player whose test career has overlapped with the player picked by the drafter immediately before you in the order. For example, if the player before you picks Aubrey Faulkner (career 2 January 1906 – 1 July 1924) then you can pick Herbert Sutcliffe (career 14 June 1924 – 2 July 1935) but not Bill Ponsford (career 19 December 1924 – 22 August 1934). If a player's final day of test cricket and another player's debut (or vice versa) are on the same date then picking one of the players after the other is an eligible pick.

Bradman is eligible. Don't let him become available! There is a new order every round, so that double picks, where Bradman can be stolen out of nowhere, are rare.

Timeouts are 12 hours. Don't time out on purpose, because that is mean. If you do time out, you must pick from the career of the pick of the drafter before you in the order as if you had picked on time, not from the timeframe the latest pick allows.

The player the first drafter picks from is Jimmy Cameron (career 10 November 1948 – 8 February 1949). To avoid Bradman, that leaves 8 tests in which cricketers debuted to choose from. :devil2: Please state the dates of the player's career when making your pick.

I'll give it a day or so for more signups, then we'll start. Current signup list:
  1. me
  2. @ankitj
  3. @Himannv
  4. @Krypto
  5. @AndyZaltzHair
  6. @Line and Length
  7. @JOJOXI
  8. @honestbharani
  9. @Fuller Pilch
  10. @Pothas
  11. @Jarquis
  12. @Bitmap

Himannv

International Coach
@ataraxia just quietly loses it when someone badmouths Kallis I reckon. He tries to come across all cool like a cucumber, but he's really a red hot pimento underneath that silky smooth exterior.

I also think @Fuller Pilch loses faith in humanity when someone (usually me) badmouths Sanga.

I know all your deepest, darkest secrets, fellow CW members.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
@ataraxia just quietly loses it when someone badmouths Kallis I reckon. He tries to come across all cool like a cucumber, but he's really a red hot pimento underneath that silky smooth exterior.

I also think @Fuller Pilch loses faith in humanity when someone (usually me) badmouths Sanga.

I don't have secrets because I announce them and turn them into annoying crusades. 🤐

Krypto

U19 Vice-Captain
Lets gooooooo. I'm actually very excited about this hope it goes ok. Will be happy with at least a balanced sqaud. Being South African I'm in full agreement do not take the kings name in vain :laugh:

ataraxia

International Coach

Would you prefer if I were to loudly, obnoxiously announce all the woes in the world that Himannv and other unenlightened fellows propagate through their immense disrespect and blasphemy towards the third greatest cricketer of all time?

ataraxia

International Coach
Ok, here we go – unlimited time for the first two drafters. Nice size for a draft. Any late entries are welcome, and slot in at the end of R1.

Rule amendment: if the drafter before you times out, you only time out 12 hours after they have made their catch up pick.

R1 order:
  1. Himannv
  2. ankitj
  3. Pothas
  4. Red
  5. Krypto
  6. Line and Length
  7. trundler
  8. Magrat Garlick
  9. ataraxia
  10. weeman27bob
  11. AndyZaltzHair
  12. honestbharani
  13. Jarquis
  14. Fuller Pilch
  15. JOJOXI
  16. Bitmap
That's what fate has decreed, @Himannv, for daring to insult Kallis.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
It may seem a dumb question but can the overlap be at either end of a player's career? eg someone who retired after 10/11/'48 but before 8/2/'49 (if such a player exists.

Krypto

U19 Vice-Captain
Ok, here we go – unlimited time for the first two drafters. Nice size for a draft. Any late entries are welcome, and slot in at the end of R1.

Rule amendment: if the drafter before you times out, you only time out 12 hours after they have made their catch up pick.

R1 order:
  1. Himannv
  2. ankitj
  3. Pothas
  4. Red
  5. Krypto
  6. Line and Length
  7. trundler
  8. Magrat Garlick
  9. ataraxia
  10. weeman27bob
  11. AndyZaltzHair
  12. honestbharani
  13. Jarquis
  14. Fuller Pilch
  15. JOJOXI
  16. Bitmap
That's what fate has decreed, @Himannv, for daring to insult Kallis.

So does this mean we are a go , its started and we waiting on Mimannv ?