• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Slazenger range??

Seanyjb10

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
2 any1,

Any1 tried the new slazenger range?

Really intrested in it as it seems completley new and different to the old range has any1 got any views?

Also how u took the news that the ballistic range has been dropped. Sad.:-O

:-O

chyickenkeev

im not entirely sure, but it looks like slazenger have bascaly given their current range new stickers, the air blade of 2009 was meant to be ultra light, the v1 is light, the hyper blade was meant for agression, the v2 is "for agressive strokeplayers" and the i blade is meant for prescision and....what a coincidence, the v3 is merant for prescision.

the only thing thats changed is the v2 has a low sweetspot wheras the old hyper blade had quite a high one.

but il tell you now, paul collingwood has switched to a lighter bat, so he will not need bottom hand and his performance will improve.
ayyyye, and also, matt prior will get better with the more meaty bat so he can score more easily, things are looking good for england. jack kallis (cant spell his first name) has the v2 witch is bad for him because i have a bat with a low sweet spot and it is HORRID. and every other bat like it is exactly the saem, HORRID!. so england are in buisness for the seris in sa.

Last edited:

Seanyjb10

quite disapointed now but cheers 4 the reply. It does look like England r in buisness with this but will it make a difference?

chyickenkeev

should do, becos if u talk to any coach, they will say a heavy bat means u need more strength, and if you dont have it, you use more bottom hand in straight bat shots. so it should make a difference.

it did with me, i had an old hunts county pulse, it was horrid, and i didnt have any control over it, but now im on the old gunn and moore icon, much better.

tevans

Cricket Spectator
im not entirely sure, but it looks like slazenger have bascaly given their current range new stickers,
The V3 is a radically different shape. Nothing like any of the Slazenger's on the market or any other bat.

Also Matt Prior etc don't necessarily use Slazenger bats and if they do they're not made to the shop shapes. They just use the corresponding stickers.

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
but il tell you now, paul collingwood has switched to a lighter bat, so he will not need bottom hand and his performance will improve.
ayyyye, and also, matt prior will get better with the more meaty bat so he can score more easily, things are looking good for england. jack kallis (cant spell his first name) has the v2 witch is bad for him because i have a bat with a low sweet spot and it is HORRID. and every other bat like it is exactly the saem, HORRID!. so england are in buisness for the seris in sa.
This is one of the most ******** things I've ever read or heard.

chyickenkeev

im not entirely sure, but it looks like slazenger have bascaly given their current range new stickers, the air blade of 2009 was meant to be ultra light, the v1 is light, the hyper blade was meant for agression, the v2 is "for agressive strokeplayers" and the i blade is meant for prescision and....what a coincidence, the v3 is merant for prescision.

the only thing thats changed is the v2 has a low sweetspot wheras the old hyper blade had quite a high one.

ok, ok, this WAS prior to me finding out the manufacturers giv them custom bats and not the ones in the shops...

so yeah, its a load of s h i t e