• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shaun Tait quits cricket

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
****, hope he reconsiders. He's a gun limited overs and FC cricketer, even if he's not quite Test level yet. :(

masterblaster

International Captain
Did not see that one coming at all. Just so surprised as he had such a great future. All the best to him and hope he can come back into cricket when he wants to.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I thought Indian batsman only killed the career of spinners, not fast bowlers :ph34r:

In all seriousness, pretty shocking.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
WTF? I'm not sure what's going on here. Surely there must be something rather deepseated because this is utterly baffling.

Either there are rather comprehensive psychological issues which have been with him for a long time or he's one of the most mentally weak sportsmen ever to grace a field, court or rink.

Then again, the latter could be a result of the former.

Flem274*

123/5
:blink:

Its a shame. I reckon he'd have been an excellent limited overs bowler, especially if he gained some more control. Damn thats two fast bowlers gone in two days.

So how long before we see the headline: Tait Enters Rebel league

sideshowtim

Banned
I think he may be suffering from the same issues as Trescothick.

"My love and enjoyment of the game is struggling due to these issues"

Oh man, Taity is one of my favourite cricketers :( I always knew he was capable of so much. Gilly retiring was sad, but he had a full and wonderful career...I know this may not be a fitting analogy, but when a 90 year old dies it's not half as tragic as when a 15 year old dies.

Really hope you come back Taity...

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Quit seems too strong a word.

It seems like a recharge of the batteries and a re-assessment more than anything.

Its a big suprise, but he has been through a fair bit this summer and cricket is a game that can lead to this type of draining.

pasag

RTDAS
Best moment would undoubtedly be the WC were he filled the Lee void so well. I remember when the news came in the Lee would be out for the whole tournament and everyone was like, we'll there goes Australia, but midway through it was all forgotten. He took key wickets at key times throughout the WC and was a vital reason we were able to do so well.

Hope he comes back and if he does, better than ever.

sideshowtim

Banned
Best moment would undoubtedly be the WC were he filled the Lee void so well. I remember when the news came in the Lee would be out for the whole tournament and everyone was like, we'll there goes Australia, but midway through it was all forgotten. He took key wickets at key times throughout the WC and was a vital reason we were able to do so well.

Hope he comes back and if he does, better than ever.
Yes, certainly. I don't think he ever got enough wraps for that. The best ODI bowler in the world is ruled out of a tournament he has previously carved up in, and young Tait, a veteran of what, 3 or 4 ODIs is called up to take on the strike bowler's role? He performed the role superbly becoming the second highest wicket taker of the tournament. Really was a great performance.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Woah, nearly didn't open the thread because I thought it was a piss-take.

I wonder if the constant battle against being injured has got him down?